PO Now: Owen - The Avalanche (6/19/2020)

47 minutes ago, museummouth said:

well fuck wow kinda speechless 

AOTY so far

I made it 4 times through yesterday, not 1 bad song on there.

“i should’ve known” is straight 2002 Owen, Mom and Dead is incredible and I go, Ego has a real “Everyone is Dressed Up” vibe. 

loving it

Does anyone have anymore info on Mike/Tim's Dad?

This is the first album i'm hearing Mike having some sort of sentiment and similarities with his father and not pure anger. In Dead for Days and Mom and Dead there are a lot of references to the past and what sounds like a suicide overseas (18 hours away) possibly by jumping off a bridge or building? Talks about Tim seeing his body but not Mike. All very interesting. I always kinda assumed his dad died of natural causes or alcohol poisoning. Very Sad

10 hours ago, Tommy said:

God i'm so glad I sprung for that $100

TP   49/50 here

Couldn't agree more. Mine just arrived and PV killed it with the silkscreen cover. "Test Press" /50 seemed like such a gimmick, but I'm very glad I sprung for this.

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Does anyone have anymore info on Mike/Tim's Dad?

This is the first album i'm hearing Mike having some sort of sentiment and similarities with his father and not pure anger. In Dead for Days and Mom and Dead there are a lot of references to the past and what sounds like a suicide overseas (18 hours away) possibly by jumping off a bridge or building? Talks about Tim seeing his body but not Mike. All very interesting. I always kinda assumed his dad died of natural causes or alcohol poisoning. Very Sad

I don't know much about the situation, but I do remember when Tim was writing his first book, he holed up in their (recently deceased) dad's condo. I  just remember him mentioning that he did most of the writing in the actual room that his dad died in, and that there was still a bloody spot on the floor. I can't remember if that was a podcast or article or what - I'll try to find it - but it apparently stuck with me for some reason.

Man, this album does not pull any punches. It's almost uncomfortably personal.

Edited by mizzle

3 hours ago, mizzle said:

I don't know much about the situation, but I do remember when Tim was writing his first book, he holed up in their (recently deceased) dad's condo. I  just remember him mentioning that he did most of the writing in the actual room that his dad died in, and that there was still a bloody spot on the floor. I can't remember if that was a podcast or article or what - I'll try to find it - but it apparently stuck with me for some reason.

Found that interview, it is for the AV Club here: https://www.avclub.com/tim-kinsella-1798227873

Edited by MCDELTAT