PO Now: Owen - The Avalanche (6/19/2020)

• 11 months later...

Owen shares 'The Avalanche Remixes' + announces livestream performance

Announcing The Avalanche Remixes, a full reimagining of the latest album from Owen, aka prolific Chicago musician & songwriter Mike Kinsella. When it came to remixing the entire record, Mike called on an incredibly talented array of friends and peers including Jay Som, Thao Nguyen, NNAMDÏ, Now, Now, Norman Brannon, and Hrishikesh Hirway among others, to add their unique spin to these nine tracks. Listen now in full – available on all your favorite digital platforms. 

“I’m so honored to have so many truly unique / creative voices spend time and critical thought deconstructing and then reconstructing these songs that I had lived with solely as my own for so long. I find myself marveling at the different production techniques, the minute details others chose to focus on, and overall, how much of everyone’s personality shines through each of their respective mixes. The outcome is much greater than the sum of its individual contributions - a collection of cohesive chaos.” – Mike Kinsella

Owen fans across the globe now have the opportunity to watch the first ever live performance of The Avalanche (which Pitchfork dubbed “the most objectively gorgeous work as Owen to date.”). Mike will perform the album in its entirety along with a strings accompaniment on July 7 @ 9pm ET. Tickets are onsale now via Dreamstage.

The Avalanche Remixes Tracklist: 

A New Muse (Atiba Remix)
Dead For Days (Norman Brannon’s Slowcode Remix)
On With The Show (Hrishikesh Hirway Remix)
The Contours (Thao Remix)
I Should’ve Known (Sander van Dijck Remix)
Mom And Dead (Jay Som Remix)
Headphoned (Good Fuck Remix)
Wanting And Willing (NNAMDÏ Remix)
I Go, Ego (Now, Now Remix)

• 1 year later...