PO Soon: This Will Destroy You - Vespertine

15 minutes ago, ethereal said:

One of my absolute favorite bands that is consistently hindered by shitty vinyl and mastering (not to mention representation)

Wish they would ditch magic bullet/dark operative and find a label that will give them what they truly deserve.

sadly brent eyestone only cares about getting bands on tv/movies and streaming numbers. dude sucks major ass and is a disservice to his bands when it comes to vinyl. 

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Did you guys read that album description yet?  It’s a score to a kitchen.  I’m still into it though.

Ah yea, that teaser is from the single back in 2017, I guess they are finally releasing full length for it, with the name of the album as the name of the restaurant. 

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/this-will-destroy-you-scored-high-concept-la-restaurant-vespertine-hear-kitchen/

9 hours ago, ethereal said:

One of my absolute favorite bands that is consistently hindered by shitty vinyl and mastering (not to mention representation)

Wish they would ditch magic bullet/dark operative and find a label that will give them what they truly deserve.

Totally agree with you. New Others 1 and 2 pressings were surprisingly pretty decent based on my,copies.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:31 AM, ethereal said:

Another Language is one of the worst sounding records Ive ever owned.

13 hours ago, birdturbo said:

were there any good pressings of Tunnel Blanket? it's my favorite album of theirs and have been reluctant to pick up a copy.

My favorite as well. I have the Hobbledehoy clear/black haze pressing and it sounds fine: https://www.discogs.com/This-Will-Destroy-You-Tunnel-Blanket/release/3155328

• 4 weeks later...

So I imagine this album would have me excited when being sat at my table. Not quite listening in on the music yet as I'm talking to the waiting staff, they're nice people, a bit robotic and we share a laugh. Maybe a bit flirty? I can't read this guy, but would take him out for a drink. Oh yeah, the album is on now, I think. So I'll have one of those tiny starters that cost $20-40 a piece because it contains some foraged pubes and ants and that pie please. Sounds lovely. Gin and tonic to start with and a bottle of your second cheapest house white please. Hope my partner doesn't mind me flirting with the waiter again but he just has those "Go to bed" eyes that years of staring a 1000 yards does to a man. Did the track change? Can't tell. Anyway, my starter is out and it's just great, wow, taking one for the gram, nice gin? It's cheap Gordon's gin for fuck sake, but I won't fight. Here's comes our main and the waiter is walking like John Wayne and good lord I could go for some of that right now, but I can't make it too obvious as my partner is really starting to notice I'm laughing at everything he says and does HAHAHAH yes please more second cheap wine please HAHAHAHAH. This is NOT A PIE it's a LIDDED STEW FUCK THIS PLACE FUCK THEM but I will eat all of this and not complain one bit but will leave a polarising 1 star review even though we otherwise had a nice time.

No dessert, bill please. Fuck was this music on a loop or was that the album? Okay then.

5 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

Nothing I would cop a vinyl copy of, but some bits do gleefully remind me of the more ambient parts on Sigur Rós' Valtari. I can dig it.

I gave it a listen yesterday and at times I thought it reminded me of Riceboy Sleeps (Jonsi's more ambient side project), so pretty similar thoughts as you!