Run the Jewels - RTJ4 (6/5)

15 hours ago, rooks said:

this album reams gapes and slaps donkey dong. - tetsuo if the 8.0 drops

album got gaped by donkey dong. - tetsuo if the 5.0 drops

Looks like some reaming is on the menu for our boy Tets.  Someone should give him the all-clear and let him know it’s officially safe to parrot in this thread.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/run-the-jewels-rtj4/

• 3 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else confused on what to do with the collector's tin from a few years back? What am I supposed to do, put 1&2 in the tin, then 3&4 on the shelf? Put all four on the shelf and keep the tin empty? 1-3 in the tin and only 4 on the shelf? My ocd is killing me already. 

Thanks for coming to my Tedtalk. 

23 minutes ago, elf said:

Anyone else confused on what to do with the collector's tin from a few years back? What am I supposed to do, put 1&2 in the tin, then 3&4 on the shelf? Put all four on the shelf and keep the tin empty? 1-3 in the tin and only 4 on the shelf? My ocd is killing me already. 

Thanks for coming to my Tedtalk. 

It easily fits all four so you could just do that

My standard was delivered from Amazon today. For anyone who hasn't ordered a copy yet and is considering it, the Amazon copy is the 2xLP on transparent magenta. I'm actually pretty stoked that both are magenta, since RTJ3 is 2xLP on gold, I like the consistency.

There is an indie variant for those who would prefer that, a small blob of magenta inside clear. I just preferred to not leave my house, tbh.

Edited by NoWorthyIcons

• 7 months later...

Went down an inebriated, late night rabbit hole of hip hop music videos from my youth on youtube that wound up with me checking out these guys for the 1st time.   Loved what I heard since I thought the style of rap music I group up with had long since disappeared.  I know I'm super late to the party, but I went to pick up RTJ4 on amazon and saw tons of people complaining about pressing issues with the vinyl for this release.  For all I know they had shit setups, so I wanted to post here to see if any of you can add credibility to their claims or provide any relevant feedback.  

2 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Went down an inebriated, late night rabbit hole of hip hop music videos from my youth on youtube that wound up with me checking out these guys for the 1st time.   Loved what I heard since I thought the style of rap music I group up with had long since disappeared.  I know I'm super late to the party, but I went to pick up RTJ4 on amazon and saw tons of people complaining about pressing issues with the vinyl for this release.  For all I know they had shit setups, so I wanted to post here to see if any of you can add credibility to their claims or provide any relevant feedback.  

99% of vinyl feedback on the internet should be ignored. Unless it's me, this pressing is great.

• 1 year later...