Sustainable protective covers

Hi,

I am working on my Bachelor Thesis and my topic is to find a more sustainable material for the current plastic protective covers (inner sleeves).

Now I am wondering if their actually a demand is for sustainable covers. So I am wondering if you are willing to buy sustainable covers instead of the current ones, even if it will cost you more money? 

And since there are different shapes for the covers available, which shape do you prefer and why? 

I hope you can help me with your opinions on these questions!

24 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Imagine getting all the way to your bachelor thesis just to ask a random ass forum board on the internet to do your work.

pretty embarrassing dude 

To see if their is a potential market for sustainable covers, I need opinions from the people that are interested in vinyl. And I thought that I could find the people,  with  this interest and who actually want to give their sincere opinion, on this forum.

Side note: pretty embarrassing that you think that giving an opinion on a (simple) question  implies all the work of a thesis.

3 minutes ago, Wouter said:

To see if their is a potential market for sustainable covers, I need opinions from the people that are interested in vinyl. And I thought that I could find the people,  with  this interest and who actually want to give their sincere opinion, on this forum.

Side note: pretty embarrassing that you think that giving an opinion on a (simple) question  implies all the work of a thesis.

I’ve said this before (you wouldn’t know). 

instead of starting a new thread and asking your question just start digging through old posts. Kind of like research (you wouldn’t know). 

there are thousands of forum threads to go through about vinyl just on this site. 

13 hours ago, ntslash said:

If the sustainable sleeves produced less static and cost less, then I would be highly interested. Otherwise, hell no. No one collects records for the sustainability factor. 

Thnx for the feedback!

It will be hard to create less static sleeves than the current ones, since the anti-static layer is created  during the production process via additives and this has his maximum, but I will for sure search for other options to create a less static sleeve.

I mean, as long as they do indeed protect the vinyl (like no gassing of the pvc) and can minimize things like static, I’m sure there is a market for it.

That being said, in regards to sustainability, I’m sure the petroleum and waste used in creating normal sleeves is minimal especially compared to the actual production of the record. 

but I get it, anywhere where we can save energy and protect the planet, we should.