Elliott Smith: Expanded 25th Anniversary Edition

11 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Umm...excuse my ignorance, but listening to him live is basically listening to an album. Condor Avenue live sounds like Condor Avenue from Roman Candle. So, just the second disc is worth the cost of admission here. I haven't even listened to the remastered s/t yet. ❤️

The b sides/unreleased live songs are the best part. 

Edited by museummouth

Just now, lostcrimes said:

I'm being hyperbolic as usual lol

Which is fine, but at least take it in the right direction.

I'm hardly a conspirator, but my local post office did receive a new supervisor / manager a couple of months back, when a lot of this USPS shit was going sideways with Trump.  If I mail something out later on in the afternoon, and it's particularly slow in the lobby with few people to eavesdrop, some of the associates will vent or provide a little inside scoop to what's going on.  And – again, at least at my post office – they had their "tried and true" routes completely reworked, against their will.  These new bodies were put into higher positions and given the power to completely rework the system they use to distribute packages – a system that seemed to work just fine.  I think my post office is busting their ass as I'm sure yours is.  I often see mail delivery trucks cruising around town at 6, 7, even 8 PM.  When you consider the sheer amount of shit I order online, including countless records shipped Media Mail [which is prioritized pretty low on the totem pole of mail delivery options right now], I maybe deal with 1 or 2 parcels that seem to get stuck or take an abnormal amount of time.  And it's been that way for a long, long time.  International shipping has really taken a hit with Covid, but I don't pin that on any one party.  Especially not my local office.  I think a lot of us order a ton online – 90-95% of my collection is comprised of online purchases, easily – and we probably take the average delivery for granted.  For every 5 records we got on time or early, there may be 1 that's held up or taking a questionable route through USPS, and we choose to focus on that.  I don't have stock or friends or family in the USPS.  There's no personal agenda with this post.  But I really do think they're burning midnight oil just to stay afloat and it's too easy to harp on the 1-2 slow deliveries a month when there's 5-10+ that actually arrive on time.

59 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Which is fine, but at least take it in the right direction.

I'm hardly a conspirator, but my local post office did receive a new supervisor / manager a couple of months back, when a lot of this USPS shit was going sideways with Trump.  If I mail something out later on in the afternoon, and it's particularly slow in the lobby with few people to eavesdrop, some of the associates will vent or provide a little inside scoop to what's going on.  And – again, at least at my post office – they had their "tried and true" routes completely reworked, against their will.  These new bodies were put into higher positions and given the power to completely rework the system they use to distribute packages – a system that seemed to work just fine.  I think my post office is busting their ass as I'm sure yours is.  I often see mail delivery trucks cruising around town at 6, 7, even 8 PM.  When you consider the sheer amount of shit I order online, including countless records shipped Media Mail [which is prioritized pretty low on the totem pole of mail delivery options right now], I maybe deal with 1 or 2 parcels that seem to get stuck or take an abnormal amount of time.  And it's been that way for a long, long time.  International shipping has really taken a hit with Covid, but I don't pin that on any one party.  Especially not my local office.  I think a lot of us order a ton online – 90-95% of my collection is comprised of online purchases, easily – and we probably take the average delivery for granted.  For every 5 records we got on time or early, there may be 1 that's held up or taking a questionable route through USPS, and we choose to focus on that.  I don't have stock or friends or family in the USPS.  There's no personal agenda with this post.  But I really do think they're burning midnight oil just to stay afloat and it's too easy to harp on the 1-2 slow deliveries a month when there's 5-10+ that actually arrive on time.

Honestly I think it's Arizona thats just cursed. FedEx, UPS, and the postal service here are downright idiotic.