PO: The Lawrence Arms - Skeleton Coast

On 8/14/2020 at 1:02 AM, curator said:

Just throwing it out there that this album fucking slaps hard.  In my top 3 Larry Arms for me along with Greatest and Calcutta.

Yep. Keeps getting better with every listen.

It really reminds me of an updated take on the Present Day Memories split.  

Edited by cside

On 8/14/2020 at 12:02 AM, curator said:

Just throwing it out there that this album fucking slaps hard.  In my top 3 Larry Arms for me along with Greatest and Calcutta.

Yea, this almost feels like another Greatest. It doesn’t quite hit that mark, but the feeling it leaves after a full listen totally shares that same vibe. Really love this album.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or elsewhere but Brendan has been doing a podcast about their Larry Arm's/The Falcon's releases over the years leading towards Skelton Coast which is titled The Road To The Skeleton Coast. Super interesting tidbits, like a DVD commentary for their discography. 

http://www.betteryetpod.com/road-to-the-skeleton-coast

• 2 weeks later...

So, long story short: I got a sealed white copy that I would like to trade for a Malort. Any takers? I don't care if it's sealed or not as long as it's not thrashed.

Edit to say: only applies to reputable people of VC, no n00bs. Sorry newbies. :( I've been had before. 

Claimed

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

On 8/16/2020 at 5:02 PM, Shitty Rambo said:

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or elsewhere but Brendan has been doing a podcast about their Larry Arm's/The Falcon's releases over the years leading towards Skelton Coast which is titled The Road To The Skeleton Coast. Super interesting tidbits, like a DVD commentary for their discography. 

http://www.betteryetpod.com/road-to-the-skeleton-coast

I started listening to it when he first started and love it. Only downside is they're so long, I end up taking a few days to listen to each episode and now I'm super behind haha.

• 3 months later...

Just an FYI for those who MIGHT care: War On Xmas 6 is tonight via livestream variety show...should be fun. It's 11 bux and probably half goes to charity (maybe more?). They will be selling exclusive merch (The Get Fucked Chicago Dog design by Heather Gabel on tee, hoodie, and koozie) and will probably have cool chatter as well as guests who have recorded cover songs (Sam Russo, Brian Fallon, Sincere Engineer, etc). I doubt there will be exclusive vinyl, but who fucking knows. Every one of these guys is playing acoustic from a different corner of their triangle, plus there's a spinny wheel and even a Toby or two. 

Find tickets and weird merch at https://lawrencearmsdealer.com/ 

• 1 year later...