RSD Advice

3 hours ago, justluvme said:

does anyone have advice for record store day? How early should i line up? Should I go to the one in my town or drive to the city? 

Every store is different. The amount of people, the items they get, how the control the line and keep it fair or not. Best way is to find people who know how the exact stores you’re interested in run. 

but yeah this year is going to be very different. Lots of online sales I bet. 

Camp out the night before.

Complain about how cold it is.

Share stories about the flippers who brought their entire extended family to get multiple copies of rare releases.

Bitch about how you were fifth in line and there was only one copy of the one release you really wanted and the kid that was fourth in line got it even though he must have been in diapers when it was originally released and you've been a fan since 1997.

Buy a half dozen records you really didn't need or want and that you can get for half the price a month down the road when the same store you camped out at is blowing out old RSD inventory.

Spend 10x the retail amount for that one release you missed, most likely buying it on eBay from that same little brat that was ahead of you in line.

Tell the board this is the last time you wake up early for Record Store Day.

Do it all over again the following month.

7 hours ago, justluvme said:

does anyone have advice for record store day? How early should i line up? Should I go to the one in my town or drive to the city? 

What everyone else has said. This one is going to be very different for one, so not sure how that will change things. But you need to look up how how busy your store in particular gets. Then factor in how rare the thing you want is. Are there 10,000? Stay home, it will probably be online at the regular price such as from 1-2-3-4 GO, Bullmoose, etc. Is it the Brand New Deja pressing? In that case, the kid that got the only copy at my store was there for 21 hours... in the past at my store I arrive at around 3-4AM (~5 hours of waiting) and would get most of what I wanted.

• jhulud locked this topic