My Chemical Romance Urban Outfitters Represses

2 hours ago, Matt Danish said:

I would love to have a decent sounding copy of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. I am assuming that this was pressed from the same stampers as earlier presses though.

Same stampers No...same Lacquer cut and mother/father...possibly and probably — especially when it’s a retailer exclusive.

Stamper sets are only Generally good for about 1000 records. 

2 hours ago, Matt Danish said:

Thank you for the correction. It's still going to sound like shit.

There will probably never be a good sounding pressing of it unless they completely remix & remaster the album from the tapes. I love it to death, but it is one of the most obnoxiously produced records to such a puzzling degree that it literally hurts sometimes to listen to it.

This is also a perfect example of why I don't trust the loudness war DR database...the first press of Three Cheers is like one of the flattest, worst-sounding records ever and it's got reasonably impressive DR scores:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

There will probably never be a good sounding pressing of it unless they completely remix & remaster the album from the tapes. I love it to death, but it is one of the most obnoxiously produced records to such a puzzling degree that it literally hurts sometimes to listen to it.

This is also a perfect example of why I don't trust the loudness war DR database...the first press of Three Cheers is like one of the flattest, worst-sounding records ever and it's got reasonably impressive DR scores:

spacer.png

well the entire thing is user contributed, so youre really just not trusting whoever uploaded this entry. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 9:39 AM, V3XED said:

Oh, and assuming the fans up in here, does anyone actually like danger days? Asking for a friend. 

I know I'm in the minority by Danger Days > Black Parade.

Overall for me:

Bullets > 3 Cheers > Weapons > Danger Days > Black Parade > Anything Live

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yeah these still aren't cheap second hand, and one more pressing probably wont change that.
I grabbed the last UO press and its solid, sounds no better or worse than my 2015 copy. 

Id say grab this if your trying to decide, worse case you sell it for more than you paid for in all likelihood. 

Edited by V3XED