My Chemical Romance Urban Outfitters Represses

2 hours ago, Matt Danish said:

I would love to have a decent sounding copy of Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. I am assuming that this was pressed from the same stampers as earlier presses though.

Same stampers No...same Lacquer cut and mother/father...possibly and probably — especially when it’s a retailer exclusive.

Stamper sets are only Generally good for about 1000 records. 

2 hours ago, Matt Danish said:

Thank you for the correction. It's still going to sound like shit.

There will probably never be a good sounding pressing of it unless they completely remix & remaster the album from the tapes. I love it to death, but it is one of the most obnoxiously produced records to such a puzzling degree that it literally hurts sometimes to listen to it.

This is also a perfect example of why I don't trust the loudness war DR database...the first press of Three Cheers is like one of the flattest, worst-sounding records ever and it's got reasonably impressive DR scores:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

There will probably never be a good sounding pressing of it unless they completely remix & remaster the album from the tapes. I love it to death, but it is one of the most obnoxiously produced records to such a puzzling degree that it literally hurts sometimes to listen to it.

This is also a perfect example of why I don't trust the loudness war DR database...the first press of Three Cheers is like one of the flattest, worst-sounding records ever and it's got reasonably impressive DR scores:

spacer.png

well the entire thing is user contributed, so youre really just not trusting whoever uploaded this entry. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 9:39 AM, V3XED said:

Oh, and assuming the fans up in here, does anyone actually like danger days? Asking for a friend. 

I know I'm in the minority by Danger Days > Black Parade.

Overall for me:

Bullets > 3 Cheers > Weapons > Danger Days > Black Parade > Anything Live

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...