BANDS FOR BLACK LIVES MATTER

Let me preface this by saying this thread is NOT meant for arguing. This is simply a list of bands and labels who are selling merch or auctioning off test presses to help with the current sociopolitical climate of the US. Please add links if you find them, and keep your negativity to yourself. 

UPDATE: This list got so long, it looked cumbersome using this format. The ads were also splitting up the list which bothered me. Because the format is easier to view, I've moved this over to google drive! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D44J6kKsIsZvMG3fu8UFE7b4YLWZayjzXPiLtblEYuU/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Han Solo

3 hours ago, JRHews said:

Not today, but bandcamp will be donating 100% of their shares on June 19th to NAACP legal defense. 

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/bandcamp-naacp-ldf-fundraiser

Nice i just made a direct donation there myself today ( I felt I was being self serving for the RFC one and wanted to make a seperate donation where I wasn't potentially getting anything out of it), going to need it with all the arrested protesters many of whom are peaceful. 

3 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

Nice i just made a direct donation there myself today ( I felt I was being self serving for the RFC one and wanted to make a seperate donation where I wasn't potentially getting anything out of it), going to need it with all the arrested protesters many of whom are peaceful. 

Raffles and merch do feel very self serving but at least you know your RFC raffle donations are also being matched by the label (up to a point obviously, hopefully they smash that $2,500 goal).

2 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Raffles and merch do feel very self serving but at least you know your RFC raffle donations are also being matched by the label (up to a point obviously, hopefully they smash that $2,500 goal).

I didn't intend it as a slight at anyone, entering raffles helps too! I just did it to ease my conscience because I do not feel safe going to protest during a pandemic in a city where the cops are using excessive force. I think it's awesome that people are donating to all these causes who have the means to do so

41 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

This was my Fave New Band that I'd discovered just before the pandemic hit. Heavy shoegaze heaven. Total no-brainer and PWYC, so if anyone only has a few bucks to spare, look no further.

We are doing one with Wake of Humanity. Ends tomorrow.  Would love to get some more entries so we have a generous donation!

Wake of Humanity test press and merch raffle! Wake of Humanity
We are raffling off a test press and other merch for Wake of Humanity - Fight/Resist. 100% of proceeds will be donated to BLM Seattle Freedom Fund. There will be 4 winners. One will win a test press for Fight/Resist and other random records from Bitter Melody and 3 will win merch from Wake of Humanity. Winners will be contacted after raffle ends for addresses and for merch winners to pick their merch and sizes from Wake of Humanity. Raffle ends June 3rd 6pm EST.

Rules
-$10 per entry
-Enter as many times as you want
-Include your full name and email in the notes
-Names will be drawn at random. Test press package will come from Bitter Melody and merch winners will be able to pick their items and sizes from Wake of Humanity. -Winners will be contacted for shipping info

Payment info:
Paypal – [email protected] (please send as “friends and family” to maximize our donation to BLM Seattle Freedom Fund)

Let’s do something different with this comment.

bands who have shown their asses and are definitively not allies of BLM. Deserves visibility too. I’ll start.

Norma Jean:

https://www.theprp.com/2020/06/03/news/norma-jeans-cory-brandan-called-out-by-every-time-i-die-stick-to-your-guns-members-after-posting-image-allegedly-mocking-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

30 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

bands who have shown their asses and are definitively not allies of BLM. Deserves visibility too. I’ll start.

Norma Jean:

https://www.theprp.com/2020/06/03/news/norma-jeans-cory-brandan-called-out-by-every-time-i-die-stick-to-your-guns-members-after-posting-image-allegedly-mocking-the-black-lives-matter-movement/

Wrong thread, c'mon...

36 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Norma Jean:

Norma Jean??? Never heard of her.

Some may be interested in this (saw on Will Yip's twitter): https://memorymusic.limitedrun.com/products/670849

Enter to win all of the items below. All proceeds will be equally split in a donation to 70+ community bail funds, mutual aid funds, and racial justice organizers via ActBlue.

You can buy as many raffle entries as you want. The winner will be chosen and contacted on Monday June 8th.

-14"x6.5" Blackwood Drums and Percussion Black Brass Snare used on many Studio 4 Recordings
-Anthony Green "Will You Still Be In Love" Test Press
-Anthony Green "Studio 4 Acoustic Session" Test Press
-Anthony Green "Pixie Queen" Test Press
-Anthony Green "Will You Still Be A Remix" Test Press
-Daylight (Superheaven) "Jar" Test Press
-Former Member "Old Youth" Test Press
-La Dispute "Rooms of the House" failed Test Press
-Seer Believer "Bent" Test Press
-Tigers Jaw "Studio 4 Acoustic Session Test Press"
-Tigers Jaw "Self Titled" CD Sealed from the first pressing

Edited by dawhizz