David Bowie thread (reissues / special releases / box sets)

• 2 weeks later...

More availability on the way = "We didn't realize how much more money we could make!"

Dear David Bowie Fan,

We are aware that a number of fans have had a poor shopping experience during the ‘Brilliant Live Adventures’ campaign, and for that we are very sorry.

We also recognize that, unfortunately due to the unexpected demand, many people have been unable to purchase certain titles and subsequently missed out on the opportunity to complete their collection.

In the coming weeks we will provide you with further details on how and when we will be making these titles available to you again.

Once again we apologize and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

David Bowie Web Store Team

• 1 month later...
  • CeCeCe changed the title to David Bowie thread (reissues / special releases / box sets)
2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

yeah, for a RSD years ago. 

I'm sure they will be again soon. Especially with the Live Adventures box being such an in demand thing right now.

This is true, but weren't those unrelated reissues to these more recent ones? Different label if I remember correctly.

4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Possibly. I didn't pick them up because i have OPs. I heard they weren't that great anyway. 

But yeah, I'd wait for the next box/reissues. Clearly they are going through the catalog and the recent reissues have been fantastic.

The biggest thing I remember about them was that they were the unabridged version of Outside, which hadn't been put out in some time.

2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Well. I hope that those two records get reissued. I’ve been revisiting them lately. And reminiscing when I caught the Outside tour with NIN opening. Fantastic shows. 

They should be. I'm also anxious, I had one of Outside on order and fucked up thinking I found it somewhere else and cancelled it.

• 4 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 12:06 PM, craigeduk said:

There is a big 90s box set due this year (latest 5 years style one) so they'll reissue the individual lps following that

Updated the topic of the thread so can use it easier for all things Bowie related 

This is still planned. UMG confirmed it with an announcement of a new deal working with the Bowie estate. 

Apparently a stand alone release of the unreleased Toy LP is also planned. Apparently reviewers have official copies.  

Its called Brilliant Adventure 1992-2001

Black Tie White Noise (1993) 

The Buddha of Suburbia (1993) 

Outside (1995) 

Earthling (1997)

Hours (1999)

Its unknown if Toy is included or if its separate. My guess is, its included.

Edited by timsimmons

Going to be a hard decision for me on the box given I've already got the MOV colour vinly pressings of Earthling & Hours and the Friday Music White pressing of Outside. Will come down to the bonus albums so Toy needs to be in it for me and given that the inclusion of a live album would seem pointless with them having 6 of them in the "Brilliant LIVE adventures" set it seems likely it will be.

11 hours ago, craigeduk said:

Going to be a hard decision for me on the box given I've already got the MOV colour vinly pressings of Earthling & Hours and the Friday Music White pressing of Outside. Will come down to the bonus albums so Toy needs to be in it for me and given that the inclusion of a live album would seem pointless with them having 6 of them in the "Brilliant LIVE adventures" set it seems likely it will be.

Interestingly, folks over on the SteveHoffman forum have been saying that there will be a standalone Toy boxset released in Jan 2022.