David Bowie thread (reissues / special releases / box sets)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
27 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

How am I only learning about these Limited edition 90s live shows that have been coming out. So pissed I missed the first few. I love 90s Bowie.

They announced that there would be six in total released to fit the box they put out with the 1st one, so still 2 more to be announced.

I've got enough live Bowie albums already so didn't bother ordering the 1st album, but realised I've not got anything live from the 90s era so ordered today's preorder along with the the second release that was still in stock.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, timsimmons said:

Seeing as they are making more boxes, I've got a hunch they may have some extra copies of the first 3 available then as well.

The 5th Live LP is now up

https://www.musicglue.com/david-bowie/products/something-in-the-air-live-paris-99-2lp

https://store.davidbowie.com/product/X3LPDB061/something-in-the-air-live-paris-99-2lp?cp=99486_101971_108766

Kinda annoyed. I was in 5 min after it went up and clicked on the standalone vinyl and got an error page so I figured it sold out again. So I clicked on the bundle of LP and CD and got that one. When I was done with checkout, the LP was up. So now I have a CD coming my way too that I don’t need. 

5 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Kinda annoyed. I was in 5 min after it went up and clicked on the standalone vinyl and got an error page so I figured it sold out again. So I clicked on the bundle of LP and CD and got that one. When I was done with checkout, the LP was up. So now I have a CD coming my way too that I don’t need. 

Both now seem to be unavailable if that makes you feel better.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 4:17 PM, timsimmons said:

Now to track down #1 and #3

On 2/26/2021 at 4:47 PM, mondie said:

Fucks sake,  how are fans meant to get in before the flippers. It will be £120 now if I want a copy 🥵

On 2/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, lexicondevil said:

Both now seem to be unavailable if that makes you feel better.

#6 coming Friday along with extra boxes

https://www.davidbowie.com/blog/2021/3/17/bla-part-6-david-bowie-at-the-kit-kat-klub-live-new-york-99

7 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

The Bowie store had extras of every release except the last one. 

I'm glad I missed it. It would have been unreasonable to buy that many expensive records in one shot. I'm in no hurry. I honestly won't be surprised if they release complete sets in the future or if they put more up of each release in the store.

I got straight on it when the email arrived but the 2LP was already sold out, there must be a delay between the album going live and the email. Anyway, I ordered a bundle which meant paying £25 for a T shirt I dont realy want so I could get the LP at retail. I also bought a box but didnt notice that the other lbums were being offered at retail, I didnt even think to check.

Its all so fucking stupid, just sell enough to satisfy the fans and spoil it for the flippers - I'm happy, they sell more and the flippers are up shit creek. Everyone that matters wins!

• CeCeCe changed the title to David Bowie thread (reissues / special releases / box sets)