• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

6800 copies total , 700 each for the albums, & 500 for that 12".  But i gree, the 9 albums aren't worth it..except for that previously out of print Head On/Pill  single. Plenty of rippers on discogs and Ebay, now chancing their arm at selling their copies for insane prices! No thanks..i've got me a copy of the 2014 RSD original...i'll stick with that! :)

you're not missing out. They're just trying to brand mixed vinyl as something good for the environment when it's actually just the cheapest method to press records. It's pretty nasty tbh they need to examine their morals again.

Just now, TheDuke said:

And yet noraml prices are be charged for them! Even if one goes to Juno..you'd still be paying £20 + postage..others upto £25, for something made out of 'cheap' recycled materials? Hmmm. I think heavenly were perhapsthrowing one more roll of the dice, cos they're no longer licenced to press new Gizz albums, after Flightless went global in 2018! Same goes for Castleface, who only have the licence to continuely put out repress after repress of Quarters & Mind Fuzz! ;)

I didn't know why they would do this but that makes total sense. For perspective it's cheaper than pressing regular black vinyl

I only ordered one of these, Paper Mâché Dream Balloon, as there was only one song from them I heard on my volunteer community radio station that I really liked. (So far...they have a lot of stuff)

I also have in an order for the black version of the same album at my favorite UK record store,  because I expect the “recycled vinyl” to have lower sound quality. It ALWAYS has in the past.

Curious to what it will look like though. 😄

Edited by Plarocks

• Gizzoid changed the title to .