Enemies - We’ve Been Talking repress (3/21/24 1200EST)

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

For real. I’m gonna have to, sadly and unfortunately, say the nay no my brotha.

Hopefully, these last and someone in the US picks a few up. Awesome Distro, lookin in your direction...

I think these will be around for a while, no doubt, but the band themselves confirmed it’s such a small press that they have zero intentions of distributing them elsewhere.  Lame but understandable on their end.  I’m trying to talk myself into it but it’s such an uphill battle.

18 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

15 or 16 users have posted excitement in here, surely at least a few of them are down to save $10-15 on this.

I like where your head is at.

9 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

BC is saying purchases are limited to 28, not sure if that’s the weird structured limit, or there are actually only 28 of these left.

I'm gonna' pester the band directly and get a feel for how many copies are left, and whether or not they can set aside maybe 5-6 for us.  They seem really chill, I don't think they'd mind at all.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I'm gonna' pester the band directly and get a feel for how many copies are left, and whether or not they can set aside maybe 5-6 for us.  They seem really chill, I don't think they'd mind at all.

Totally. Sounds good. They are really awesome and chill. 

May want to hit up the Insta post too. I feel like you could trust Enemies fans. I already tagged Awesome Merch, asking.

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Totally. Sounds good. They are really awesome and chill. 

May want to hit up the Insta post too. I feel like you could trust Enemies fans. I already tagged Awesome Merch, asking.

My only concern is biting off more than I can chew.  I could probably host 15+ copies and distribution, but it'd put a sizable dent in my mailer stash, and also sounds like a ton of work.  A VC buy of 6-8 is more along the lines of what I was thinking.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

My only concern is biting off more than I can chew.  I could probably host 15+ copies and distribution, but it'd put a sizable dent in my mailer stash, and also sounds like a ton of work.  A VC buy of 6-8 is more along the lines of what I was thinking.

True true. And you know where to find us if we fuck you over. Haha.

The band – or whoever runs their Facebook page – was really responsive with Facebook comments the other day, but they haven't bothered to even read my  group-buy messages from a few days back.  So I've reached out to them on Bandcamp.  Upon submitting a message, it advised that a response may take 5-7 business days.  And there's no way this remaining stock lasts that long.  I did ask them if they'd be fine with setting 7 copies aside.  So with a little luck, they may read that sooner than later and allot us some stock before I hear back.

Worst case scenario: please don't let me prevent you from owning this album if you absolutely need it.  If you're paranoid about it selling out, I would order a copy and then cancel it when and if we get the green light on this group buy.  If you're mildly interested in the release but only at the right price... then sit tight.  It's worth canceling the order and going through our group buy because at 7 copies, the price goes from ~$64 PPD to ~$35 PPD.  (And an additional $3.33 from my place to yours.)  It's a substantial savings.  I'll let you guys know when I hear anything, but all I ask is that if you've shown interest in a group buy, to please be able to pay promptly.  Like by Monday or so.

Dantheriver

MyEnemy

tlr

bluethumb

instrumentality

Shelby American

(Myself)

21 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I can make no promises – time is of the essence if those quantities are dwindling as fast as they are, so I already asked for 7.  If they’ll allow us to squeeze in an additional copy or two, that’s great and I’ll let you know.  Otherwise you may be on standby if anyone flakes.

I know the Enemies guys from when I worked at Topshelf, so I hit them up too. Mentioned you, the VC group buy, and updated amount of 8. Hopefully that helps.

• dapeebs changed the title to Enemies - We’ve Been Talking repress (3/21/24 1200EST)