Enemies - We’ve Been Talking repress (3/21/24 1200EST)

For anyone that missed out I've got a really fair price in mind for my last pressing that received a thrashing from Europe shipping. Has a few light hairline scratches too from poor pressing plant QC but plays through perfect and sounds great. As for the jacket it has the one bad dog-eared corner on top and the other one isn't much better. Bottom is pristine though (if you're into that). Also features a seam split to bring everything together. $28ppd 

20201016-172351.jpg

Alright folks, these bad boys showed up this afternoon.  Very respectable travel time.  1 big box, pretty stuffed with shrink wrap.  I was feeling good about them before I started to fish them out 1 by 1.  As you can imagine, someone threw in a whole set of dog-ears as a bonus with our order.  6 of the 9 have a corner bend.  I think it's all the same corner, too, like really shitty "best friends" tattoos that match, shared among drunks dudes before going to college.  I don't know how you guys want to handle this.  It feels like the top 3 and bottom 3 were playing defense for the middle 3 copies, which are basically pristine.  I was kind of hoping it'd be cool to keep one of the good 3 as a selfish token for the time and energy I'm putting in to coordinate this buy and ship out 8 mailers at the end of the week.  But if we want to do a lottery system or drawing, that's cool too.  Or if we don't give a shit at all, that's also fine!  It's always a bummer to pay steep international shipping and get a less-than-perfect jacket as a result.

Plus side is that the 1 bend is nothing compared to the crease above – maybe a 3rd of the size?  No seam splits from what I've seen.  And the vinyl turned out a beautiful shade of blue.  Considering that this looks to be completely sold out, I'm confident than even these cosmetically dinged copies will be cherished.

As I was writing this, I thought of an additional idea: everyone is going to pay at least $5.50 in shipping, right?  With the latter group paying $6.50.  This breaks down into a set pool of shipping costs that I need to get everything out, Media Mail, and also pay for the difference I personally footed when placing the order last week.  If 2 people don't give a damn about a corner bend and want to save $4-5, and 2 people are down to pay $4-5 extra for a crisp jacket... perhaps we can shuffle the costs around.  What do you think?  I'll photograph the bends to give you guys an idea of what we're working with and we can take it from there.  For now I'm just spitballing ideas.  Open to suggestions, too.

Thanks for reading.  Your copies are so close – it's been one hurdle after another, but we're almost there.

You definitely don't deserve one of the nice copies for the effort you put into this. /s

If you want to pull names out of a hat and shift some of the charges around to account for nicer copies, I'm okay with that plan. Or whatever plan you see fit, I think everyone here trusts your judgement.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  It's sounding like no one is [particularly] gonna' lose their shit over a bent corner which is great news.  I'm also leaning towards maybe just boxing all 8 copies up, then shuffling them haphazardly, and just going down the list to label each.  Leave it to a real luck of the draw – much like the actual ordering process.  Maybe a quick note to the "winners" so you know your copy should be one of the pristine ones....

I also have some extra freebie records and goodies I may insert at random, too.  No fun stuff like Airheads or Pixie sticks but still a few giveaway records, or shit that I own and don't want to bother selling for $12 on Discogs.  Just to make things a little more fun.

Edited by Derek™

17 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Perfect! I’m fully down with that and, again, appreciate everything. Super excited.

Glad to help and coordinate something quickly, especially before they sold out.  The way I see it... these corner dings – included below – kinda' suck, but not nearly as badly as paying $55 individually and dealing with the same transit damage.  At that cost, for a single LP, the least you could hope for is a quality jacket to arrive in tip-top shape.

Anyways, here's what we're working with.  4 have a bottom right bend that's barely visible from the front, but more apparent on the back.  And 2 have a top right bend that's visible on both sides, but also a bit smaller in size.

A.png

B.png

C.png

D.png

3 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

Oh yeah that looks way better than my old copy no matter which damage I get.

For sure.  In the pics above you're seeing the absolutely brunt of the damage, too.  Anything not shown – all other corners – are pristine and crisp.  I haven't taken a magnifying glass to each LP but nothing seems warped or alarming, either.  I probably made it sound worse than it was when describing everything last night.

Alright folks.  PMs for shipping payment have gone out.  We’re so close.  If you won a “pristine” copy – closer inspection revealed all 3 have a micro, teeny, bee’s dick bend – I sort of figured you won the prize in itself.  If you weren’t one of the lucky 2, then your order comes with 1 or 2 bonus LPs.  I think there’s one order that has the Enemies record, Sleigh Bells’ Reign of Terror (a double LP), and a bonus LP in there.  Definitely losing some money on that Media Mail, haha.

Everyone, period, got a handwritten note because we wholesome as hell out here.  If you scored some freebies, then I did my best to explain what the bonus LPs are or where they came from to my best knowledge.

Shipping Friday, maybe Saturday depending on when we get these shipment payments cleared.

Get hyped.

51 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Alright folks.  PMs for shipping payment have gone out.  We’re so close.  If you won a “pristine” copy – closer inspection revealed all 3 have a micro, teeny, bee’s dick bend – I sort of figured you won the prize in itself.  If you weren’t one of the lucky 2, then your order comes with 1 or 2 bonus LPs.  I think there’s one order that has the Enemies record, Sleigh Bells’ Reign of Terror (a double LP), and a bonus LP in there.  Definitely losing some money on that Media Mail, haha.

Everyone, period, got a handwritten note because we wholesome as hell out here.  If you scored some freebies, then I did my best to explain what the bonus LPs are or where they came from to my best knowledge.

Shipping Friday, maybe Saturday depending on when we get these shipment payments cleared.

Get hyped.

Better mail order service than most over here.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I am expecting a random copy of Jane Doe with every order

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Get hyped.

STOP

• dapeebs changed the title to Enemies - We’ve Been Talking repress (3/21/24 1200EST)