PO : Deftones - White Pony x Black Stallion

13 minutes ago, INRIhab said:

So if you go to Deftones' merch site. There's a page dedicated to the White Pony 20th anniversary! It's empty though... So something to look out for! 

https://deftones.merchdirect.com/categories/white-pony-20th-anniversary

Awesome. I was hoping for a merch drop along with the re-issue. My grey White Pony hoodie is going on 5 years old and I could use a replacement of some sort. 

I still remember staying up til like 1am waiting for the leak of white pony to finish downloading to listen to it, and then seeing them not long after and Chino looking a little annoyed when he'd say "this is a new one" and most of the crowd knew the lyrics when the album release was months away. I can never decide if WP or AtF if my favourite album though.

4 hours ago, INRIhab said:

So if you go to Deftones' merch site. There's a page dedicated to the White Pony 20th anniversary! It's empty though... So something to look out for! 

https://deftones.merchdirect.com/categories/white-pony-20th-anniversary

Looks like this is live.  Just apparel currently.

41 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Looks like they hired Glassjaw to do all the designs... that'd be a stellar show. Fucking COVID cancelled the Deftones tour

Merch Direct is Beck’s company so it wouldn’t be surprising if the design staff is the same. The glassjaw/Deftones tour 20 years ago to support white pony was so sick.  Would for sure love to see a second round.

17 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Merch Direct is Beck’s company so it wouldn’t be surprising if the design staff is the same. The glassjaw/Deftones tour 20 years ago to support white pony was so sick.  Would for sure love to see a second round.

Well, there ya go! I bet it was! I was so stoked to drive 5 miles to see the Deftones. Next time, I guess

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, ntslash said:

Is this going to be some crazy limited edition shit that I should stay up for, or can I just order in the morning when I wake up? 

I’m imagining that this will be a quad LP, boxset type of thing.  So probably $50-$80 depending on the amount of bells and whistles.  Commemorating 20 years is no joke either, so I think a pretty large quantity was probably pressed.  Don’t hold me to it but I think you should be good.  Especially when you consider Deftones have never done a bunch of /200 variants or something.

On the other hand, Deftones fans are insane.  The deluxe Ohms stuck around for a bit but did sell out before the album dropped.  Considering that WP is one of Deftones’ most iconic albums, and a record that everyone knows and loves (instead of going in blind with Ohms), I wouldn’t be surprised if it sold like hot cakes.

tl;dr – there are too many factors to say.  I could see it going either way depending primarily on price point and amount pressed.  $50, out of 1,000?  Be quick.  $80, out of 3,000?  Sleep in.