[PO] : The Microphones - Microphones in 2020 - 2xLP

6 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I’ve been pumping the breaks on vinyl purchases so “it’s one long song” and no preview is exactly what I need to curb my inner desire to drop $35 blind on this.

I could maybe see being apprehensive with the lack of a preview, but is “one long song” really a deterrent?  What if it’s broken up into segments / movements, with gaps of silence between each?  Couldn’t any record be one long song in theory? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I could maybe see being apprehensive with the lack of a preview, but is “one long song” really a deterrent?  What if it’s broken up into segments / movements, with gaps of silence between each?  Couldn’t any record be one long song in theory? 🤔

Matter of fact there are lots of albums arranged this way deliberately

9 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I’ve been pumping the breaks on vinyl purchases so “it’s one long song” and no preview is exactly what I need to curb my inner desire to drop $35 blind on this.

Vinyl records only have one groove so it makes more sense than everyone else cutting up their long song into short songs for an album.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone gotten an update on when these will be shipped? I placed an order over a month ago and the only record I have of it is my PayPal invoice. Not trying to sound impatient, I just don’t really enjoy being left in the dark. I’d rather not buy it off of a distro since I want my money to go directly to Phil 😕

Edited by prowl20

8 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Has anyone gotten an update on when these will be shipped? I placed an order over a month ago and the only record I have of it is my PayPal invoice. Not trying to sound impatient, I just don’t really enjoy being left in the dark. I’d rather not buy it off of a distro since I want my money to go directly to Phil 😕

They don't send notification. And the mail is fucked up right now, even if they mailed it the minute you paid it could still be in transit at this point. I've currently got 4 or 5 packages "arriving late" 2 or 3 weeks past when they should have been delivered. Media Mail takes 10 days on a good day already so this is pretty bad what USPS is dealing with.

8 hours ago, prowl20 said:

I got mine in a week or so ago if that helps any.   I'm like 80 miles from Anacortes, so transit time was probably pretty low.

3 hours ago, Shelby American said:

They don't send notification. And the mail is fucked up right now, even if they mailed it the minute you paid it could still be in transit at this point. I've currently got 4 or 5 packages "arriving late" 2 or 3 weeks past when they should have been delivered. Media Mail takes 10 days on a good day already so this is pretty bad what USPS is dealing with.

I was more so asking if anyone had an update on what’s going on with the pressing plant because I know they were having issues hence the delays. We all know the mail is all sorts of fucked up :) 

1 hour ago, prowl20 said:

I was more so asking if anyone had an update on what’s going on with the pressing plant because I know they were having issues hence the delays. We all know the mail is all sorts of fucked up :) 

Ahh I didn't even realize they were waiting for more to get pressed. Hope it shows up soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...