Anberlin - Livestreams

8 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

A livestream vinyl pressings. That’s a first. 

The sound was actually pretty good on their acoustic set a few weeks ago. I imagine if they record it like they would a live show it’ll sound decent on vinyl as well, you’ll just miss the crowd noise which may be a little strange.

5 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Loving this concept and hoping they do it for more albums...like, a series through their entire discography with accompanying vinyl releases. I could see that happening with the lack of shows until next year.

On the facebook or instagram post about it, someone posted something along those lines and Anberlin responded saying that would be a reasonable expectation, so looks like that may be the case. I think everyone was just surprised that Blackmarket was the album chosen after they did the poll on their website.

8 hours ago, Corgipants said:

The sound was actually pretty good on their acoustic set a few weeks ago. I imagine if they record it like they would a live show it’ll sound decent on vinyl as well, you’ll just miss the crowd noise which may be a little strange.

Yea, they've been doing all these streams at The Attic in Ybor (Tampa), so no reason it won't sound like a live studio recording. I caught their acoustic show a couple years ago at the Attic in person and it was top notch. IF the streaming audio is what somehow gets pressed on to vinyl instead of the direct feed from the soundboard/rig (I would hope they have a Pro Tools rig or similar to record), well that would be a big facepalm all around. It'll just sound cleaner than the NYC live shows since theirs no audience like you said.

Edited by thenameisluigi

3 hours ago, thenameisluigi said:

On the facebook or instagram post about it, someone posted something along those lines and Anberlin responded saying that would be a reasonable expectation, so looks like that may be the case. I think everyone was just surprised that Blackmarket was the album chosen after they did the poll on their website.

Yea, they've been doing all these streams at The Attic in Ybor (Tampa), so no reason it won't sound like a live studio recording. I caught their acoustic show a couple years ago at the Attic in person and it was top notch. IF the streaming audio is what somehow gets pressed on to vinyl instead of the direct feed from the soundboard/rig (I would hope they have a Pro Tools rig or similar to record), well that would be a big facepalm all around. It'll just sound cleaner than the NYC live shows since theirs no audience like you said.

I’ve been to a couple of the Attic shows (looooove that venue) and the Palm Beach show they did after the summer tour last year. I sure it’ll come straight out of the board.

Email from the band today, the album won't be available after the stream. 

We had a lot of requests for a vinyl pressing of our first livestream - so this time around we will be pressing the stream to vinyl!  On June 26th we will be performing "Blueprints For The Black Market" in its entirety.  'We Are The Lost Ones’ Vinyl - a fully mixed & mastered recording of the songs from the live stream on June 26th is available now for preorder! Only a limited number of vinyl will be made. Digital download included upon release.  The vinyl will not be available for sale after the stream.

Hello friends,

In an attempt to be forthright and do what we feel is wisest and most responsible, we must postpone our Blueprints livestream scheduled for this Friday, June 26th. A couple of the guys in the Anberlin camp tested positive for COVID after attending a small home gathering where all but 2 people were affected. Even though they are not currently showing symptoms, we have decided this is best for our families and friends.

We are moving the performance to Friday, July 10th to ensure the safety of everyone involved. All tickets and bundles are, of course, still honored and intact.

We love you all, so please stay safe, take your healthcare seriously, and we will see you soon!

PS - yes, we will change the designs to reflect the new date.

10 hours ago, Wasda Deelwifkramer said:

I wonder roughly how many copies will be pressed.

I doubt it'll be particularly rare by any means, especially since it's included in the majority of the packages; I don't recall if the last one told you how many attendees were in the room but I'd venture to say the majority of the people there on Friday are getting at least one copy. 

20 minutes ago, Corgipants said:

I doubt it'll be particularly rare by any means, especially since it's included in the majority of the packages; I don't recall if the last one told you how many attendees were in the room but I'd venture to say the majority of the people there on Friday are getting at least one copy. 

At the peak, I believe it was around 3500-4000

37 minutes ago, Corgipants said:

Unless they just buy the ticket. I would have been more likely to buy it and the ticket together but my buddy already bought a ticket so we are just watching together. 

Thanks to everyone that tuned in last week to the 'We Are The Lost Ones' Livestream!  We have about 150 copies of the vinyl release of the stream remaining for preorder.  'We Are The Lost Ones’ Vinyl - a fully mixed & mastered recording of the songs performed during the live stream will also include a digital download upon release.  Get one before the last 150 are gone!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Corgipants changed the title to Anberlin - Livestreams