Anberlin - Livestreams

19 hours ago, mmhmm said:

Might be in the minority on this but I wasn't a fan of a few elements from last night's show...the audio mix was kinda meh, especially with the drums (snare drum, in particular). And the black and white/low-res effect during the first few songs was distracting and made me think there were issues with my connection/screen. Looking forward to whatever they do in post production/editing on this. 

I thought they sounded like ass for most of the night.  Seemed out of tune and missing notes on a bunch of songs.  Completely uncharacteristic of them.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, mmhmm said:

They're pretty cool to hear...essentially a studio re-recording of the albums.  Hard to say how much editing they're doing to these but the final product sounds great, no complaints.

I'd say after Cities we'll know how much editing they're doing, there were parts of that set that didn't sound good live at all, or at least didn't come across well in the broadcast. 

2 hours ago, Corgipants said:

I'd say after Cities we'll know how much editing they're doing, there were parts of that set that didn't sound good live at all, or at least didn't come across well in the broadcast. 

Totally agree. While one of my favorite albums, I think the Cities livestream was the weakest of the three so far. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Corgipants said:

Next stream was announced for sometime in January on socials yesterday. 

Also the Blueprints masters are probably coming any day now, and they're waiting on NTFP pressings to arrive, the Blueprints test pressings are in transit. 

Backwards ;) Blueprints was the first stream, that's the pressing that is on the way to them, NTFP are the test presses they're waiting on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, FlippingOut said:

Anyone else think they might announce a new album at the end of all these live streams? I'm getting suspicious lol 

I thought there was a rumor, or legit info, going around of them being back in the studio... I do know there was a tour planned at least before the pandemic shut everything down.

On 2/17/2021 at 2:46 PM, FlippingOut said:

Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place live stream

https://anberlinmerch.com/

Anyone else think they might announce a new album at the end of all these live streams? I'm getting suspicious lol 

That would be my guess. Finish out livestreams and maybe announce the album when they get to Lowborn and then do a livestream on or after the release date?

On 2/18/2021 at 7:39 AM, No This Is Patrick said:

I thought there was a rumor, or legit info, going around of them being back in the studio... I do know there was a tour planned at least before the pandemic shut everything down.

They confirmed on one of the first couple livestreams that they had already been on working on a  new album for a while now. Don't think it's been mentioned in the more recent streams.

On 2/17/2021 at 5:46 PM, FlippingOut said:

Dark Is The Way, Light Is A Place live stream

https://anberlinmerch.com/

5 hours ago, thenameisluigi said:

That would be my guess. Finish out livestreams and maybe announce the album when they get to Lowborn and then do a livestream on or after the release date?

They confirmed on one of the first couple livestreams that they had already been on working on a  new album for a while now. Don't think it's been mentioned in the more recent streams.

Album is basically already announced. Stephen jumped the gun on one of the first streams and said they were way into it and that it'd be released in 2020, the rest of the band gave him the look and he backpedaled a bit and said it'd probably be more like this year and that they were still writing. 

23 hours ago, Corgipants said:

Album is basically already announced. Stephen jumped the gun on one of the first streams and said they were way into it and that it'd be released in 2020, the rest of the band gave him the look and he backpedaled a bit and said it'd probably be more like this year and that they were still writing. 

Yup, I mentioned the album announce in one of the streams ;)

• 1 month later...
Today, we’re excited to announce April 30th at 8pm ET will be Heavy Lies The Crown, the latest in our Lockdown Livestream series. This time, we’ll be performing Vital in its entirety.

Tickets & merch are available now:
https://anberlinmerch.com

Here we go again, although this is probably the one I'm the least excited for. 

13 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Yeah wat. This album absolutely rips. Been waiting for this record since they began this series. To each their own though!

Agreed, I loved this album, especially the deluxe reissue version. I'm dreaming, but it'd be fun to see them finish out the series with the new album, but who knows where they are in the process with that. 

14 hours ago, thenameisluigi said:

Agreed, I loved this album, especially the deluxe reissue version. I'm dreaming, but it'd be fun to see them finish out the series with the new album, but who knows where they are in the process with that. 

At the rate they're going I would say that probably isn't too far out of scope; although now that they're starting to book live shows again it may not happen. 

• Corgipants changed the title to Anberlin - Livestreams