PO Now - Hum - Inlet (Vinyl out on Nov 6th, digital out now)

On 6/26/2020 at 2:29 PM, MyEnemy said:

Exactly. It was exposing a wider, definitely younger and unaware audience to 120 Minutes types bands. I totally didn’t start paying more attention to that side of the underground before seeing that stuff on B&B. It was just post-Nirvana Radio alt rock(which is how I became a Hum fan. Stars was in heavy rotation at our local station) and post-Green Day punk, in my world. Seaweed, Archers Of Loaf, Hum, Sausage, Built To Spill, Pizzicatto Five, Ween, Helium. Then you have the other end with metal bands I had never heard before, blowing my young mind(Death, Cannibal, Mercyful, Napalm Death). Great time to be a child glued to a TV.

Let us not forget Biohazard. “Punishment” was a personal musical revolution for me.

I also remember Greta videos being on there often. Never got into them though.

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Mmm... that’s a nope.

Quoting in case you try to backpedal after a glowing p4k review.

Best comment of 2020. 

Also, this isn’t a Used / Blink / Creed thread, so leave the shit posts out of it, people. Hum deserves better. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

6 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Love the album but there are totally a couple of butt-rock fillers on this one (one song made me think of Trapt or Three Days Grace, c’mon guys, you know what butt rock is).

Not liking some of the songs is one thing. Totally fine. Comparing it or any song on it to those bands is just not correct. Not even close.

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Mmm... that’s a nope.

Quoting in case you try to backpedal after a glowing p4k review.

Listen to The Summoning again. Now imagine Sting or, say, Chris Jericho walking down the ramp during that opening riff. WWE theme song all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKOjmbpbNK4

Edited by tetsuodaironman