PO Now - Hum - Inlet (Vinyl out on Nov 6th, digital out now)

On 7/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Thanks for that, that was fantastic. I always liked Paramore but I fell off after Riot! and I  never liked the self titled enough to make it through the other 16 tracks or so to make it to that one. What a gem. I did love after laughter though.

S/T took me a little bit but the song that really got me was "Daydreaming". Once I caught on to what a gem that is, the rest of the album kind of fell into place for me. It is kinda long and maybe could have been edited down to 12 or so, but the high points on that album absolutely crush.

It's also crazy that they left 3 insanely good songs off that record (Tell Me It's Okay, Native Tongue, and Escape Route).

6 hours ago, drds89 said:

That BV list is tight, and some stuff to check too.

After spending 45 min sifting through how this Hum thread veered to Paramore, and then trying to figure out what 'based' meant, had to sign in to +1 my post count haha.

6 hours ago, bear801 said:

yeah i had no idea what based meant and i had no idea who aaron weiss is.  I think i figured it out.  

Based God still love you, even tho you old. 😘✌️

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Don gets a pass because I really don't expect him to keep up with (or care) about modern-day internet slang, but how has anyone browsed online over the last 3-4 years and not stumbled across someone using the phrase based?

I should have PM'ed you Derek and saved some time! 

4 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I love you, Don. Haha. 

Love you more, Matt! mwah!

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Don gets a pass because I really don't expect him to keep up with (or care) about modern-day internet slang, but how has anyone browsed online over the last 3-4 years and not stumbled across someone using the phrase based?

I know it in the past tense term of “I don’t know if Joe smokes cigarettes but I do know that he free based cocaine the other day”.  

other than that im not hip with the slang.   But im also old.  I have two kids in college!

6 hours ago, ethereal said:

can we just not and say we did?

dunno why we need to use a lil b phrase to describe Hum, a shoegaze band.

let me guess, they are lit too??

I was talking about Paramore in the initial use.

Crazy how people seem to be so resistant to changes in language when they happen all the time. It's dynamic and it has been for as long as it's existed; you don't have to use new words but complaining about them being used is pointless and just screams boomer-y. Just like, ignore it and move on. There are much bigger problems with society at large than whether or not people are using a slang term you haven't heard yet.

23 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Crazy how people seem to be so resistant to changes in language when they happen all the time. It's dynamic and it has been for as long as it's existed; you don't have to use new words but complaining about them being used is pointless and just screams boomer-y.

Definitely not very poggers if you ask me.

• 4 weeks later...