PO Now - Hum - Inlet (Vinyl out on Nov 6th, digital out now)

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Still feel like this release was anything but rushed though, considering how long it's been and how we've all been kept in the dark.  Part of me would love to see some kind of translucent purple press done in the same vein as that Downward repress from a few years back... but if this is all we get, I'm very content and would rather hop on it than potentially regret it later.  FOMO will be the death of me.

About to queue it up now for a first spin...

translucent purple press of Downward? that album has only ever been released on clear blue and black by Martians Go Home! originally, and then 180 black and 180 clear blue when Matt repressed it in 2018/2019.

Edited by jrodan

18 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Translucent dark purple or translucent violet would be killer. 

Also, Ryan Smith mastered this album.  He also did the latest Caspian album. Along with Turnover and Nothing. 

Aye, that's the stuff.  Last Caspian was on point.  Which Nothing records did he handle?

10 minutes ago, jrodan said:

translucent purple press of Downward? that album has only ever been released on clear blue and black by Martians Go Home! originally, and then 180 black and 180 clear blue when Matt repressed it in 2018/2019.

Yeah, my bad – I just meant a similar, one-color translucent press, like DiH.  Essentially a violent or purple version of it like Matt said.  Would be awesome.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Aye, that's the stuff.  Last Caspian was on point.  Which Nothing records did he handle?

Yeah, my bad – I just meant a similar, one-color translucent press, like DiH.  Essentially a violent or purple version of it like Matt said.  Would be awesome.

He did Tired of Tomorrow and Peripheral Vision. He’s done Deafter, Turnstile, and Tigers Jaw as well, along with a fair amount of “big” artists. 

22 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Damn, I was just listening to Broadcaster this week.  Bracing for Fig Dish news at this point.

They started an IG and are definitely looking for someone to press Cattlemen Don't, I know that them playing shows is a long shot but seems like if you're gonna start an IG and repress a record they could play at least one show in Chicago. 

49 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

He did Tired of Tomorrow and Peripheral Vision. He’s done Deafter, Turnstile, and Tigers Jaw as well, along with a fair amount of “big” artists. 

Those are all solid.  I'm on board.

Listening now and the production is, indeed, super solid.  Some of these riffs are making me think of Torche in the best way possible.  Really pleased so far.

8 minutes ago, highfives said:

Blindly ordered this and will dive in in the morning when I get to a reasonable listening spot.  But it’s awesome to hear initial positive takes on it.

I usually roll my eyes at hyperbole and take unanimous praise with a grain of salt, but after wrapping up one listen a few minutes ago, it’s tough for me to argue with the hype.

1 hour ago, dawhizz said:

Damn, I was just listening to Broadcaster this week.  Bracing for Fig Dish news at this point.

Man, Fig Dish too, that would kill me. 'When Shove Goes Back To Push' has a permanent place in my car's CD changer. Yes, my car still has a CD changer 🙄

On another note, drove like a bat out of hell to get home from work to listen to this album. Only a couple songs in and I am blown the eff away. 

spacer.png

Listening now and remembering they played “Desert Rambler” at Dia De Los Deftones, last year, and the 400 people that were there to see them, were stoked! 

This album, obviously, fucking rules. An easy “fuck you” to anyone who tried to make a “hum record” in the last 20 years. Haha

Edited by MyEnemy

1 hour ago, strangers said:

For those in the UK/Europe, this is up on Polyvinyls UK store too; https://store.polyvinylrecords.co.uk/products/672747-hum-inlet

I was stupid enough to order it from Usa store because i didn't know Polyvinyl had an EU store, now i asked a refound from Usa to buy from Eu, really hope it works to same some bucks and the italian customer overtaxing...

This is truly excellent! Listened several times already.  Step Into You is a new repeat play favorite.

However, not opting for vinyl was one of the easiest decisions on format in awhile.

Before shipping, $35 for vinyl. $10 for the CD as well as a download that includes 24 bit / 88.2k WAV, standard WAV, and Mp3.

Just wanted to to put that perspective out there.

Edited by Vinyl Fury