PO Now - Hum - Inlet (Vinyl out on Nov 6th, digital out now)

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

If it received a higher score or BNM, would you have gotten down on your knees to give the album a hummer?

Talbot and Co. slap dong, so obviously. I already told you. Plus, they are proto-butt-rock/post-grunge-gaze. So, again, don't be butt-hurt, my fellow chud.

Edited by tetsuodaironman

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Talbot and Co. slap dong, so obviously. I already told you. Plus, they are proto-butt-rock/post-grunge-gaze. So, again, don't be butt-hurt, my fellow chud.

Why would I be butthurt about your butt-rock comment?  I was just asking a question.  No shame in being an ass guy but you may want to ease up off the butt stuff.  Your obsession is showing.

Edited by Derek™

Just to be serious for a moment but I really cant wait to have this on the turntable   

Could be the biggest surprise album ever to me.  Id have to really think.    In Rainbows is a good one but you knew Radiohead was going to be putting something out soon.   This was from beyond left field (to me anyway).  

Edited by bear801

14 hours ago, bear801 said:

Just to be serious for a moment but I really cant wait to have this on the turntable   

Could be the biggest surprise album ever to me.  Id have to really think.    In Rainbows is a good one but you knew Radiohead was going to be putting something out soon.   This was from beyond left field (to me anyway).  

Not to sound elitist or however it might come off, but people who've been following the band knew a new album was incoming.  The release was a surprise, but between the recent reunion shows and Matt's living room shows, we knew they were finalizing the record for a while.

That being said, I was super surprised to see them drop it unannounced.  

2 minutes ago, highfives said:

Not to sound elitist or however it might come off, but people who've been following the band knew a new album was incoming.  The release was a surprise, but between the recent reunion shows and Matt's living room shows, we knew they were finalizing the record for a while.

That being said, I was super surprised to see them drop it unannounced.  

Yeah i havent been following Matt that closely at all in the past few years.    I just check his store from time to time.  

13 hours ago, ethereal said:

that list was actually really good.

Yep. There are a lot of Shoegaze type lists these days, but this was actually really good. Good mix of known/lesser know and years. I think it helps focusing on track, not LPs. I think it helps that I am a fan of the slightly heavier/noisier stuff.

4 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Who the fuck knew Paramore had that gem in their discography. 

When they did the "Writing the Future" mini-tour closing out the cycle for that album, that song was the encore. Honestly the stage/lighting concept for that show was one of my favorites. It was mostly pretty simple - all white lighting, big wash lights along the back and sides of the stage, simple white spots and profiles, mixing up the lights in cool ways did cool stuff with it. They really told a story just with that really simple lighting concept and it was extremely cool imo. Late in the show it turned out there was a small series of LED lights mounted like vertical sticks - on a mic stand or a stand for one of the wash lights, along the edge of an amp stack so you wouldn't notice, stuff like that.  Also all white. They used those in maybe the last 3 songs of the main set and that was it.

Then they come out for the encore and do "Future". The only lights are those LED stick lights in white.  When it gets to the end of the quiet part, they did it live so all the instruments faded out/stopped while there was this looping thing of just Hayley's voice, the individual LED lights went out one by one, and then the band kicked in and it was color lights for the first time in the whole show. They kept doing some more cool shit with the lights but I thought it was insane how they went white lights only for the entire show until halfway through the encore.

They also did the audio fadeout in that song - everyone kept playing but they lowered the volume on everything, so the only thing you could hear was the unamplified drums for a minute, then they kicked everything back and slammed the ending. They did some really cool stuff with the arrangement for that live performance. One of my favorite live show moments ever.

I just found this on youtube which gives you a pretty good idea: 

As if to drive home the point, the first song they played on the PA for filing-out music after the show was Failure's "Another Space Song".

Anyway they're big fans of Failure and Hum so even if that doesn't make itself super-obvious all the time, it's definitely in there. This song is probably the only album track where they just dove 150%  in that direction.

53 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Aaron Weiss features on a track from After Laughter, and Hayley was on a Chariot song over a decade ago. If you didn't know Paramore were based by now then you've been sleepin'.

Wouldn't, necessarily, call that "based", just tells me Paramore have Christian ties.

Disclaimer: huge Paramore fan. 

Edited by MyEnemy

6 hours ago, tape said:

When they did the "Writing the Future" mini-tour closing out the cycle for that album, that song was the encore. Honestly the stage/lighting concept for that show was one of my favorites. It was mostly pretty simple - all white lighting, big wash lights along the back and sides of the stage, simple white spots and profiles, mixing up the lights in cool ways did cool stuff with it. They really told a story just with that really simple lighting concept and it was extremely cool imo. Late in the show it turned out there was a small series of LED lights mounted like vertical sticks - on a mic stand or a stand for one of the wash lights, along the edge of an amp stack so you wouldn't notice, stuff like that.  Also all white. They used those in maybe the last 3 songs of the main set and that was it.

Then they come out for the encore and do "Future". The only lights are those LED stick lights in white.  When it gets to the end of the quiet part, they did it live so all the instruments faded out/stopped while there was this looping thing of just Hayley's voice, the individual LED lights went out one by one, and then the band kicked in and it was color lights for the first time in the whole show. They kept doing some more cool shit with the lights but I thought it was insane how they went white lights only for the entire show until halfway through the encore.

They also did the audio fadeout in that song - everyone kept playing but they lowered the volume on everything, so the only thing you could hear was the unamplified drums for a minute, then they kicked everything back and slammed the ending. They did some really cool stuff with the arrangement for that live performance. One of my favorite live show moments ever.

I just found this on youtube which gives you a pretty good idea: 

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
  • Unknown, selected
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

As if to drive home the point, the first song they played on the PA for filing-out music after the show was Failure's "Another Space Song".

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Play
Unmute

Current Time 0:04
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:15

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
  • Unknown, selected
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Anyway they're big fans of Failure and Hum so even if that doesn't make itself super-obvious all the time, it's definitely in there. This song is probably the only album track where they just dove 150%  in that direction.

Thanks for that, that was fantastic. I always liked Paramore but I fell off after Riot! and I  never liked the self titled enough to make it through the other 16 tracks or so to make it to that one. What a gem. I did love after laughter though.