PO: Pay For Pain - S/T (Original Tigers Jaw Members!)

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread for this yet!! I feel like a lot of you would enjoy it, its so damn good. 

Adam McIlwee, Dennis Mishko, and Pat Brier of the classic Tigers Jaw lineup are now all playing in a new band together, Pay For Pain, whose self-titled EP comes out June 5 via Dark Medicine (pre-order). "The only plan was to do it for fun," says Adam, who has been busy with Wicca Phrase Springs Eternal while Pat and Dennis had been playing with Three Man Cannon. "I think it’s a bit of a combination of all our current and past projects, but we didn’t really talk about what kind of band it would be. We just started playing and writing, and anything goes. It’s still guitar-driven, but maybe more influenced by ‘60s and ‘70s rock music than anything we’ve done before."

The EP was recorded by Pat and Dennis' Three Man Cannon bandmate Matt Schimelfenig (who's now also in Gladie), and the first taste is "Fallen Angel." It's more of a dusty, lo-fi indie rock song than these three usually release, and you can definitely hear that '60s/'70s rock influence, but Adam's unmistakable voice makes it something that'll feel instantly familiar to Tigers Jaw and Wicca Phase fans. Listen below.

Two variants, a coke bottle clear and a black, are available here: https://darkmedicine.com/collections/pay-for-pain/products/pay-for-pain-pain-12-ep?variant=32341525430365

• 1 year later...