PO: Jónsi - Shiver

https://jonsi.bandcamp.com/album/shiver

2xlp Deluxe hand splattered pink, black and white

2xlp Standard Black 

a2440992834_16.jpg

"Shiver is the exciting and boundary pushing second record from LA-based Icelandic musician Jónsi, co-produced by A. G. Cook (PC Music, Charlie XCX) and comes a decade after his debut, Go, was released.
The new album features tracks with Liz Fraser (Cocteau Twins) and pop icon Robyn. It will be released 28th August 2020 and was recorded in Berlin, Reykjavik, London and Helsinki.

Not too long ago Jónsi was traveling through London, where he met up with iconoclastic producer A.G. Cook, who he admired for his boundary-breaking work with the PC music collective. He had no expectation for the meeting, but the more they talked, the more he realized they might be perfect collaborators. “I’ve been doing this for 30 years,” Jónsi says. “I get tired of everything really easily. I always want things to be fun and exciting and fresh, and doing another album...I just wanted to have a different approach.”

Jónsi had made a career on sweeping music that plumbed the depths of the human experience and our connection to the natural world. Cook’s production exists at the opposite end of the spectrum: synthetic, sometimes abrasive, and often on the cutting edge of experimental-ism. On paper, their collaboration is surprising, but Shiver is a beautiful record that pushes Jónsi’s otherworldly voice into startling new territories."

----------------------------------

The released tracks sound wonderful so far. 47ppd shipped to the US for the deluxe.

No pressing info.

7 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Did anyone here attend one of the shows on the tour for his first solo album? That stage production was so cool and still one of the more unique shows I've seen.

I went to one of them and agree.  I've seen Sigur Ros a few times as well and still think the Jonsi solo show was my favorite.

5 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

Did anyone here attend one of the shows on the tour for his first solo album? That stage production was so cool and still one of the more unique shows I've seen.

I flew to New York to see this show, and it was one of the coolest concerts I've been to. 

I picked up the deluxe. Pricey, but I'm a sucker for anything Sigur Ros related.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...