Every Time I Die - Album 9

8 minutes ago, illuminographer said:

Livestream tickets & merch apparel (no vinyl): https://tidathon.com

13 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Unless they are posting some other news today it’s an “online telethon”. Whatever that means.

Leaving GIFs | Tenor

Edited by ethanpricington

29 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

I'm sorry but I'm over paid live streams anymore... I paid for one a couple months ago where an artist played all unreleased music for 45 minutes and even that wasn't worth it. It's nowhere close to the real thing and I'd rather watch music videos and buy some merch instead.

Yeah it depends. In cases like Code Orange's "Back Inside the Glass", I get why it was a paid stream. It took a lot of effort and tech. While TID the season is a great production overall, don't know if this will be too crazy. For most smaller artists though I think going free on Twitch and then just shilling merch forever is better for outreach and finding new people.

People should just pay for streams if they want to watch/support the bands they like because they have ZERO touring income right now. That's where they really make their money, and the pandemic has stopped that.

You don't have to feel obligated to get every stream. Pick and choose wisely. Other than that EVERY band that can stream should do so and make as much as they can. For some of them the band was their full time job. Support them and venues they stream from as much as you can or there won't be much left when this is all over.

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

I'm sorry but I'm over paid live streams anymore... I paid for one a couple months ago where an artist played all unreleased music for 45 minutes and even that wasn't worth it. It's nowhere close to the real thing and I'd rather watch music videos and buy some merch instead.

So you’re not into supporting out of work bands and artists but you buy physical media to support the bands/artists?

4 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

So you’re not into supporting out of work bands and artists but you buy physical media to support the bands/artists?

What?

I just don't like livestreams and I'm finding it's not of interest for a lot of other people too. I'd rather support an artist just about any other way, typically vinyl or clothing.

12 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

What?

I just don't like livestreams and I'm finding it's not of interest for a lot of other people too. I'd rather support an artist just about any other way, typically vinyl or clothing.

I think the possible point here is that artists typically take home the most revenue when touring/shows in addition to merch I would think. In contrast to physical media as well as digital downloads and streaming, where they only get a small fraction of that money. 

So in reality, these bands are trying to do stuff that will actually make them money/support themselves. Probably the main reason ETID has postponed the new album release until they can tour it and make money off of it. 

Edited by ethanpricington

31 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

What?

but it is of interest for a lot of other people, too. i think you're underestimating the popularity of livestreams right now based on opinions of your close circle or whomever spouts off about it.

i've watched three* livestreams this year -- two good, one bad. i also watched the stream of 2019's 'tid the season, which sounded great. obviously not a livestream, but also i often don't care for recordings of live performances, so that says something to me. i think ETID will do a good job with this.

lastly, as ethan noted: bands benefit disproportionately from what used to be tours/merch. physical media (and especially streams) are not particularly beneficial, in relative terms.

Edited by chamb117
typoooo

Just now, Deathbyart said:

That's three 😋

Personally, I am stoked for it. Jordan posted there will be "special guests" so I am sure they will make it entertaining 

HA, shiiiiit. i remembered i had watched a third one and revised my statement... but clearly did not edit very well!

57 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

What?

I'm with you. I've only paid for one stream (War on Xmas), but I support in other ways. Concerts always have to be an "event" for me. So, for the one I purchased, I'm making it into a "thing:" wearing merch, buying booze, putting it in my calendar, and making myself unavailable (despite my wife and kids being home also; shit, maybe I'll kick them out that night). It's kind of building that same anticipation too, but I know the payoff won't be the same. 

5 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I've watched a couple free ones but not paid for anything. I have a subpac on preorder when that shows up I might be willing to drop a few bucks on some EDM streams but yeah, in general watching a stream doesn't do anything for me.

13 hours ago, daegor said:

I'm with you dapeebs, ETID didn't do anything for me until Ex Lives.  Everything since then has been top notch.  Anything before is take it or leave it.

Ugh, you guys are killin' me!  :D Jk, my brothas.  But I swear, at least spin Hot Damn! 10-20 more times and you'll see the light.  Read through the lyric book as you listen.  It's a hardcore/metalcore/metal, whatever the hell this genre is, masterpiece.

I too, am over livestreams.  I was the minute they started being the only option.  I'll still buy & watch every one that a band I follow puts on though, to support these cats during the Great Corona Depression.  But sitting on the couch during my favorite bands' performances...blegh.  This sounds as if it'll be something a little bit different, though.  But we'll see.

The one thing this forum does a great job of reminding me of, on a regular basis, is that I have awful taste in music haha.

I feel like anytime there is a 'rank their albums' type thing I love everyone else's least favorite.

So for this installment of the saga, I will just say that I think New Junk Aesthetic is their best album.  Maybe followed closely by Low Teens.

☠️🙈

Edited by V3XED

9 minutes ago, V3XED said:

The one thing this forum does a great job of reminding me of, on a regular basis, is that I have awful taste in music haha.

I feel like anytime there is a 'rank their albums' type thing I love everyone else's least favorite.

So for this installment of the saga, I will just say that I think New Junk Aesthetic is their best album.  Maybe followed closely by Low Teens.

☠️🙈

Lots of bands say their latest release is their best, which makes sense in theory, but the people who are consuming them usually have differing opinions.

ETID might be the best example of a band for me that actually follows that pattern. I think almost every record they’ve released is better than their last, which is what makes them one of my favorite artists. The only exception would be Hot Damn! > Gutter Phenomenon, imo.

9 hours ago, verb1999 said:

Ugh, you guys are killin' me!  :D Jk, my brothas.  But I swear, at least spin Hot Damn! 10-20 more times and you'll see the light.  Read through the lyric book as you listen.  It's a hardcore/metalcore/metal, whatever the hell this genre is, masterpiece.

Oh, I've spun the whole discogs probably at least 20 times.  But Ex Lives and newer probably at least twice that.

Hot Damn is the best pre-Ex, but it still doesn't hold a candle

Edited by daegor

2 hours ago, V3XED said:

I think New Junk Aesthetic is their best album.  Maybe followed closely by Low Teens.

☠️🙈

this is SPICY... but i like it!

hot damn

NJA

low teens

FPU

big dirty

ex lives

gutter

although i think NJA/low teens/FPU are neck-and-neck and this is only a gun-to-my-head ranking of them. white smoke and organ grinder are criminally underrated

38 minutes ago, chamb117 said:

this is SPICY... but i like it!

hot damn

NJA

low teens

FPU

big dirty

ex lives

gutter

although i think NJA/low teens/FPU are neck-and-neck and this is only a gun-to-my-head ranking of them. white smoke and organ grinder are criminally underrated

I think gutter is so low on a lot of lists because of the production. I would love for that record to get a remaster, and the record has really underrated cuts like “champing at the bit” and “l’astronaut” while also having songs that are played all the time like “the new black” and  “bored stiff”

My first comment on this site is to point out that Last Night In Town is getting seriously overlooked, hardly even being mentioned here --some gems on that one. Emergency Broadcast Syndrome, Here's Lookin at You,  Punchdrunk Punkrock Romance, the middle minute of Pincushion is one of my favourite in hardcore music from the 2000s, and the instrumental track that leads into and introduces the riff in Logic of Crocodiles is kinda genius.

I'll ignore the Burial Plot Bidding War ep, but that's got some fantastic moments too, even if the vocal processing was terrible...