Every Time I Die - Album 9

7 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Yup AWOL is a certified “this song fucks” song,

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Whats crazy is how much I grew to enjoy Lows Teens. On first listen and when "Glitches" & "The Coin Has A Say" were released, I was impressed with the breakdowns and loved alot of the more dark melodic stuff Keith was trying. But I didn't fall in love with it all until after it's release and really delving into the lyrics/meaning of them. 

This stuff though? Immediate bangers. Classic ETID stuff (dare I say harkening back to Hot Damn!Gutter Phenomenon and The Big Dirty) more than anything from them in recent memory. 

Edited by ethanpricington

15 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Replay
Unmute

Current Time 0:19
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:00

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

Whats crazy is how much I grew to enjoy Lows Teens. On first listen and when "Glitches" & "The Coin Has A Say" were released, I was impressed with the breakdowns and loved alot of the more dark melodic stuff Keith was trying. But I didn't fall in love with it all until after it's release and really delving into the lyrics/meaning of them. 

This stuff though? Immediate bangers. Classic ETID stuff (dare I say harkening back to Hot Damn!Gutter Phenomenon and The Big Dirty) more than anything from them in recent memory. 

I bet with it being a double LP, the record runs the gamut of their sound to date. Saying it now- this record will be the best god damn thing that comes out next year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Coming out of message board retirement just to say that if you haven't seen an ETID Christmas show, you're missing out. Being from Buffalo and being big into ETID since 2003, I've managed to hit at least one night every year since they started these in 2006 or 2007 or whenever. Best concert of the year. The last two were unbelievable, especially 2019's 2-night version.

5 minutes ago, mcm1610 said:

Coming out of message board retirement just to say that if you haven't seen an ETID Christmas show, you're missing out. Being from Buffalo and being big into ETID since 2003, I've managed to hit at least one night every year since they started these in 2006 or 2007 or whenever. Best concert of the year. The last two were unbelievable, especially 2019's 2-night version.

Get Up Kids + Cave In + Glassjaw + Ghostface + ETID was epic. Such a fun show. 

43 minutes ago, mcm1610 said:

spacer.png

My classroom has a solid chunk of my prints. I don't know how to post the pictures without too much effort. 

Also, to join the ranking discussion, the post-Hot Damn! era, while still good music, is the low point for ETID. There's good and great songs in there, but the overall sound was on the more boring side. This makes sense, as my buddy who grew up with the Buckleys said Ratboy was a drag on everything.  He stopped caring on NJA and that's when they started pushing their sound in different directions again, then he was out of the band and they went nuts.

LNIT is great for what it is, and Hot Damn! is classic, but Ex-Lives was excellent, outdone by From Parts Unknown, topped again by Low Teens.

On 1/2/2021 at 2:55 PM, mcm1610 said:

My classroom has a solid chunk of my prints. I don't know how to post the pictures without too much effort. 

Also, to join the ranking discussion, the post-Hot Damn! era, while still good music, is the low point for ETID. There's good and great songs in there, but the overall sound was on the more boring side. This makes sense, as my buddy who grew up with the Buckleys said Ratboy was a drag on everything.  He stopped caring on NJA and that's when they started pushing their sound in different directions again, then he was out of the band and they went nuts.

LNIT is great for what it is, and Hot Damn! is classic, but Ex-Lives was excellent, outdone by From Parts Unknown, topped again by Low Teens.

I think you meant to say pre-?

On 1/2/2021 at 2:38 PM, mcm1610 said:

hate5six recently posted 2019's show.  watched it in my living room 3 times already.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

My local record store has always had a copy in stock ever since that record came out. Is it hard to find now?

Surprisingly, yes, it's harder to find at a reasonable price these days.  I can only find it on Discogs now and for >$75 when it used to be about $30.  I want it, but hard to stomach at that price.   Maybe your local shop isn't doing as many sales online?  btw, great name, love that album.

3 hours ago, Toplyn said:

Surprisingly, yes, it's harder to find at a reasonable price these days.  I can only find it on Discogs now and for >$75 when it used to be about $30.  I want it, but hard to stomach at that price.   Maybe your local shop isn't doing as many sales online?  btw, great name, love that album.

Thanks, it’s one of my favorites too. I could swear that my local store has it for retail (~$22?) give Park Ave cds in Orlando a call and maybe you can scratch that off your list

On 2/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, ethanpricington said:

It's a great feeling continuing to come here thinking the new album/pre-order has been dropped, just to find talk about an album from 9 years ago... 

hahahahahahah 😅😅

I think these boards are great for a bunch of different things, but if you want to make sure you don't miss the release then I'd recommend following ETID on Instagram and following VinylReleases on Reddit.  Their gram is the first place I see announcements, then someone usually pushes it to Reddit.  

• 1 month later...

Album-relevant news: Andy was on Chris Jericho's podcast and mentioned the album is dropping in October. He also said that they were "announcing it this week" at the time of recording the podcast. Obviously, that hasn't happened yet.