Every Time I Die - Album 9

4 hours ago, ethanpricington said:

Nope. I was actually wondering where @xen0m0rphfound out/got this. Bcuz it's nowhere on any socials. But genius lyrics does have it listed for Aug 17th release. 

got it on our local music board

i beleve the guy who post it originally works at some music app company

since he post lot of insides few days or even weeks before official info comes out

4 minutes ago, Deathbyart said:

Tour announced and I can barely contain my excitement. 

IG Post

Same! The only reservation I have now is that UO also is releasing a new album prior to that tour...in January 2022. I almost feel like that being the big tour for ETID, may point toward a super late Dec 2021/January 2022 release date for the new album. Which is fine, it's just been so damn long

7 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Same! The only reservation I have now is that UO also is releasing a new album prior to that tour...in January 2022. I almost feel like that being the big tour for ETID, may point toward a super late Dec 2021/January 2022 release date for the new album. Which is fine, it's just been so damn long

I know things in the world aren't looking great, but we still have a good chunk of the year left. Honestly if they plan on doing this tour and ETID Christmas, I'd be shocked if there wasn't some type of tour this fall. 

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Sigh. Such a shit tour. No reason Etid shouldn’t be headlining every tour. At least I can show up late and leave early 

For real, I’ve liked ETID since 2005 or so and I think I’ve only been to a show with them as the headliner maybe two times. They are eternally supporting bands when they should get top billing. 😕

I'm seeing the indie exclusive as Opaque Lime.  2 x LP:

1. Dark Distance
2. Sly
3. Planet Shit
4. Post-Boredom
5. A Colossal Wreck
6. Desperate Pleasures
7. All This And War
8. Thing With Feathers
9. Hostile Architecture
10. AWOL
11. The Whip
12. White Void
13. Distress Rehearsal
14. Sexsexsex
15. People Verses
16. We Go Together

EVERY TIME I DIE is a loud rock institution committed to leaving an outpouring of chaotic passion and blissful malcontent all over their records and on the stage. With boiling charisma and unrelenting energy to spare, the Buffalo, NY band manages not one but two near-impossible tasks. They’ve survived two decades as an underground entity cherished for coloring outside the lines, and contrary to most career arcs, continually improving with each successive album as they charge ahead. ETID makes a glorious hardcore-punk noise. Alchemized by a swampy summoning of Southern rock and coarse poetry, the music swirls beneath sardonic and clever wordplay, cementing them as leaders, not followers.

The band’s ninth studio album, Radical, is 16 tracks of peak-ETID, including raucous new anthems. They deliver what you have come to know and love and then diverge into new paths. To say that “All This And War” featuring guest vocals by Josh Scogins from The ‘68 is absolute brutal heaviness is an understatement. It’s an addictive punch in the face, you’ll want on repeat. The boys then run off to explore the dark haunted woods of a more somber and melodic side in the track “Thing With Feathers” featuring Andy Hull from Manchester Orchestra.

Radical proves with every track that it is a distillation of the strengths of their past, injected with their unyielding revelry and signature sarcasm while cognizant – and fiercely combative – of the present state of world affairs.
Edited by hallowken78

17 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Not what I was expecting tbh and may be my least favorite of the singles.

I actually was 100% expecting a track like this. I assume there's no way we get pure heavy blitz non-stop for 16 songs, so songs similar to "Revival Mode", "It Remembers" etc. had to show up eventually. And typically ETID does music videos for their most 'accessible' stuff. 

I will agree it's my least favorite of the 4 now released, but thats not saying much. Still enjoyed it alot and I have a feeling it'll be a grower. 

I also feel like the new 'twist' for ETID sound this album is a kind of punk-rock/indie feel to some of Keith's vocal melodies/phrasing. I'm kinda digging it. 

Edited by ethanpricington

5 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

I actually was 100% expecting a track like this. I assume there's no way we get pure heavy blitz non-stop for 16 songs, so songs similar to "Revival Mode", "It Remembers" etc. had to show up eventually. And typically ETID does music videos for their most 'accessible' stuff. 

I will agree it's my least favorite of the 4 now released, but thats not saying much. Still enjoyed it alot and I have a feeling it'll be a grower. 

I also feel like the new 'twist' for ETID sound this album is a kind of punk-rock/indie feel to some of Keith's vocal melodies/phrasing. I'm kinda digging it. 

Revival mode and it remembers are probably my least favorite on the albums haha but moor is one of my favorites ever 

2 minutes ago, MicLima said:

Lol what a travesty - They had to split up "A Colossal Wreck" and "Desperate Pleasures". The latter being the first track on Side B. That transition is so great