Every Time I Die - Album 9

• 4 weeks later...

Also, I think I've read about 10 of the album reviews out there so far and I gotta say, the consensus is: this may very well be, even given how monumental Low Teens was, ETID's best work to date. 

I haven't been excited about an album like this since, well, ever. May just start buying CD copies anywhere I go to give to strangers. Because everyone deserves to enjoy something this great. 

Edited by ethanpricington

48 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Also, I think I've read about 10 of the album reviews out there so far and I gotta say, the consensus is: this may very well be, even given how monumental Low Teens was, ETID's best work to date. 

I haven't been excited about an album like this since, well, ever. May just start buying CD copies anywhere I go to give to strangers. Because everyone deserves to enjoy something this great. 

Yea I’ve seen some great reviews too. But tbh, it’s Etid, and they are my favorite band so I may be biased, I wouldn’t expect anything less. Also, low teens monumental? While I like the album, def not their best IMO.

21 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

While I like the album, def not their best IMO.

I feel you. I don't know, maybe I'm just in the minority there then. After hearing Keith's interview with Jesse Leach about the story behind Low Teens lyrics/theme, that album just started to really get personal. Every time I hear those songs I put myself in those shoes and how horrible it would all be. 

I also fell in love with the production. Will's ability to make the drums sound BIGGER than any ETID record to that point had me hooked (I'm a drummer, so that's where my bias comes in 🤭).

Midway through a first listen and can confidently call it a fun record.  I'm not a devout ETID fan but I do think their last record was super consistent.  This one seems to be keeping in step without missing a beat which is definitely impressive to me.

5 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

Nice.  First thing I did was Ctrl + F like and see about a third or quarter as many as that TWIABP interview. 😜

You know how typical ETIDiots are trying to compare new/current songs to Hot Damn! as some imaginary bar that's set? Well, "Distress Rehearsal" straight up went back to Last Night In Town vibes....jus wowwwwwwwwwwww

The album really is running the gambit of everything we've come to know from them