Every Time I Die - Album 9

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

How does that happen? It's not even a "splatter" record. I could understand if it was a different color splatter or something. This was the version I got in the Jordan print bundle. I'm fine with it. I wanted one of the ultra neon ones anyways.

Wasn't the mockup more of a wispy configuration to begin with?  A lot of labels use the term "splatter" a little too liberally these days.  Seems like it's often handled interchangeably with smoke / wisps / swirl.

57 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

How does that happen? It's not even a "splatter" record. I could understand if it was a different color splatter or something. This was the version I got in the Jordan print bundle. I'm fine with it. I wanted one of the ultra neon ones anyways.

I bet each time they went to put the splatter they forgot and that made them just use a whole different color and effect from the recoil of forgetting.

Or pressing plants are so backed up the employees are frazzled and accidentally pressing records on the wrong color when wires get crossed during communication.  Rather than causing more delays I'm sure they discounted Epitaphs order too but that whole situation is pretty farfetched by comparison.

1 hour ago, The Fuck Whisperer said:

Or pressing plants are so backed up the employees are frazzled and accidentally pressing records on the wrong color when wires get crossed during communication.  Rather than causing more delays I'm sure they discounted Epitaphs order too but that whole situation is pretty farfetched by comparison.

My guess as well. Even down to something silly like copy pasting the wrong value in some spreadsheet and then they just went with it.

41 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

My guess as well. Even down to something silly like copy pasting the wrong value in some spreadsheet and then they just went with it.

In my mind the person loading up the pucks got their box switched with the machine next to it and there's a release with a blue cover that also lost a matching variant out there now lol

Got my copy w/ the alt. cover print.  I love that it was put in record mailer w/ no padding  and extra space which gave USPS ample opportunity to beat the shit out of it.  It makes me feel good about the $12 shipping I was charged..............

Edited by ZeroNowhere

5 minutes ago, phillybhatesme said:

My letter carrier tosses records from her cart onto my lawn. She throws them at least 10 feet. Drives me nuts. 

My USPS carrier is good but this went from AZ to the east coast so it had ample time to get jacked.  Oh well, I vented on the internet.  Time to get over myself and move on.  Great record so far.

Edited by ZeroNowhere

3 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Got my copy w/ the alt. cover print.  I love that it was put in record mailer w/ no padding  and extra space which gave USPS ample opportunity to beat the shit out of it.  It makes me feel good about the $12 shipping I was charged..............

Got my copy in from JB and same thing. Only slight corner ding so whatever, but common. Worst packed record I've received in years.

Confusingly, I got a clear with pink and yellow whispy variant. Isn't that the one we agreed was accidentally changed to blue smokey thing?

EDIT:
NVM. Didn't realize there were two whispy variants. The clear with pink and blue is the one that got transformed.

Edited by MCDELTAT

15 hours ago, MicLima said:

Still waiting on shipping notification from Revolver, anyone else? 

No but still waiting on violent gentleman. I know it was delayed but per their email thought it would have started shipping. Also, my bundle from JBWW came fucked, which is a bummer