Every Time I Die - Album 9

48 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Did this band just cancel themselves?

It’s all just so crazy. While I agree Keith is irreplaceable within ETID, I’d make a strong argument that each member has their strengths and make up a very unique part of ETIDs sound, with the only exception being the drummer as that’s obviously changed through the years. 

Really sad if this is, after their unrelenting 20+ year journey, truly the end…

Radical would be a glorious Finale indeed though..

Edited by ethanpricington

Man this shit is depressing. I'm sure there's definitely merit to what Keith is saying, but I also work in the mental health field and see this kind of behavior ALL the time. As someone previous pointed out, Keith constantly uses language in interviews and posts where he is projecting the person he wants to be out there, and is really actually in a mental spiral where everyone around you seems like they're out to get you and they're not, yet he's gaslighting himself that HE'S fine and everyone else is fucked. 

The whole thing sucks and it honestly sucks even worse to see it happen in public like this.  Never thought Every Time I Die would be the Hardcore Oasis. 

Damn... I've observed some things I've questioned over the past year or so, but not being close to the situation, what do I know.  I'm just another asshole with another opinion, or rather with ideas about something I know next to nothing about, so I won't get too into it.  But here's to hope and the redemption of the greatest live band of our era.  Interesting to hear, richardp...

I like to think it's just a little brotherly love taken out of context.  From what I gathered, some of the rest of the band still likes to party?  Playing devil's advocate, wanting the situation to be as innocent as possible, I was picturing Jordan having drinks, and talking shit about his brother.  In a loving way.  I always reference the South Park boys.  They're best friends, and rip on each other.  Me and my buddies do all the time, daily.  I have no idea if their relationship is anything like that, but I'm picturing after a couple bowls of loudmouth soup, Jordan's talking about Keith, and replacing him.  Or even sober, but in an unserious fashion.  But Keith doesn't interpret it that way.  I mean unless it was a serious conversation that was overheard, and it's actually true?  I just can't picture it...  Really, the boys trying to kick Keith Buckley out of Every Time I Die...?  Seems like a stretch, but again...not close to anybody or the situation at all, what do I know.

2 hours ago, januarytwenty said:

Oof. Wasn’t there a funny skit about the band replacing Keith with Dallas Green a long time ago and he came into the studio only  to find out about it?  Sucks that it’s actually happening if true.  

Big dirty behind the scenes deep cut over here. 

I’ve been listening to this band for 20 years now and after reading that kerrang interview and everything that’s happened now makes me really worry about that dude 

• 3 weeks later...

Just getting around to giving Radical a listen.  After a spin, I got to say it gave a strong first impression.  I never trust a first listen, as often it's inaccurate.  I didn't hate Hot Damn! the first time I heard it necessarily [back in 2003/04], but only because of a couple of my friend's persistence did I continue to listen.   It wasn't until probably the 10th chance I gave it, and probably reading through the lyrics, did it really hit home as one of the greatest albums I'd ever heard & ascended to one of my favorites.  While some other albums, not necessarily of ETID but whoever, I love at first, but they don't have staying power.  But Radical has some strong potential to stand out in the ETID catalog.

A few parts left me wondering if Radical is Every Time I Die's White Album.  Experimental, and just plain weird.  In the best way possible.  They executed it well.  Makes me wish I'd made it to Tid The Season to dance to a few of these.  Plus they played one of my favorites The Sweet Life.  Ugh...  

Anyways, I had an idea, that may be good or bad, but the variant I was spinning was Banquet Records' translucent neon magenta.  It was tough to pick a variant, as the album cover is so colorful and a lot of great choices.  I like what I have, but also like the idea of the translucent neon green [which was a EU/UK Kings Road exclusive, I believe].  I wanted to ask if anybody who got a copy of that, would want to trade their C/D for mine?  If anybody else might like the idea of mixing it up and having both green and magenta.  I do know the opaque lime greens seem to be available, but was hoping for that translucent to match up.  Just an idea!

This is probably my album of the year, and if it isn't then it's barely in second place. For me it's their masterpiece and I hope that whatever drama that was happening either has passed or will pass, because god damn (hot damn?) they are a sick ass band and I don't want them going away

5 hours ago, backpackoat said:

This is probably my album of the year, and if it isn't then it's barely in second place. For me it's their masterpiece and I hope that whatever drama that was happening either has passed or will pass, because god damn (hot damn?) they are a sick ass band and I don't want them going away

They have to work it out.  If this is Planet Shit with Every Time I Die, dear God, I don't want to imagine what it is without them...cause it's worse.

I think they already worked it out.  Some people in VIP said they saw Jordan and Keith laughing and joking during the Christmas shows and they haven’t cancelled any of their upcoming tours. They seemed fine on stage at the shows too. 

I also got both of my alternate cover preorders, kind of glad I got them but wish I had sprung for the pint glass bundle instead. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like these are different variants than the drop back in November (holy shit, that was only november? feels like several months ago). 

November releases

New Junk Aesthetic - Red purple vinyl

Ex Lives - Solid silver/black marble

From Parts Unknown - Almost pink

Low Teens - Pink in clear

Today (using juno as a reference)

New Junk Aesthetic - Marbled vinyl

Ex Lives - Magenta

From Parts Unknown - Green

Low Teens - Pink and black

On 12/31/2021 at 3:07 PM, phillybhatesme said:

Looks like these are different variants than the drop back in November (holy shit, that was only november? feels like several months ago). 

November releases

New Junk Aesthetic - Red purple vinyl

Ex Lives - Solid silver/black marble

From Parts Unknown - Almost pink

Low Teens - Pink in clear

Today (using juno as a reference)

New Junk Aesthetic - Marbled vinyl

Ex Lives - Magenta

From Parts Unknown - Green

Low Teens - Pink and black

Anyone have more info on these?
Not seeing anything on ETID's socials.

If they get a USA release this time I am def. copping a few.