Every Time I Die - Album 9

When they released the four albums in November, they mentioned that there would be two variants of each released in the EU market, no mention of a US drop. 
Only four were released back in November; I presume these are the other four and there’s still no mention of any US release. 

I didn’t have any of these albums so I ordered from King’s Road back in November and I’m super excited for these. 

24 minutes ago, heyjoespin said:

If anyone has an extra copy of Radical they want to get rid of HMU. I never picked it up and after listening to it way too much this weekend I realized I should have acted sooner. 

Rough Trade has a preorder up for the lime with a 1/21/22 release date if you want to take a chance with that.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/every-time-i-die/radical/lp-plus?channable=4094e06964003332313739367a

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my silver countertop/alt cover bundle in last week and was able to give this a proper spin over the weekend: wow. Keith an Co. really did pull off not only their most ambitious album to date, but their heaviest. Some of these songs, parts, breakdowns, lyrics will for sure be ETID Hall of Famers. 

I will say, I wasn't as enthralled with the second half of the record (after track 11 "The Whip") other than "Distress Rehearsal" (that panic chord breakdown is yummy and then the final breakdown with Keith screaming "all sins absolved" - 🤘). I enjoyed  the last song but it wasn't anything special for me. I think my hopes were high for the album closer because of just how amazing "Map Change" was from Low Teens, so to be fair, I might have been being a bit unrealistic. 

All in all though, a solid 9/10 overall for me. This band seems to do no wrong 🙌

fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. ETID has been probably top three for me since Logic first dropped. I put off getting a ticket to the Underoath tour because I'm still doubtful of any shows coming to canada anytime soon so I'm glad I didn't get a ticket, and I'm thankful that I got to see the band when I could.

I had a feeling that this was coming but it still sucks that it actually happened.

Hitting me that I’ll never get to see these Radical tracks played live.  I’ll never get to jump off a stage to Post-Boredom or lose my mind to People Verses…

…and yes, inevitably gonna get messier.  I can only imagine what that European evening with Keith tour is gonna be like…

forgive me for dwelling on the details (or lack thereof), and do not mistake me for taking sides, but: if ETID allegedly wanted to move on without keith, why didn't they just... move on without keith. like, if keith is justified in preserving himself and leaving the band, why are the remaining four members agreeing to dissolve everything? it just doesn't make sense to me. i hope it was a misunderstanding but at this point it doesn't really matter if it was or wasn't, and we won't really ever have clarity either given the two sides of this. but it's just not adding up for me. (while my wife keeps telling me "plenty of bands have broken up over misunderstandings" while i go full charlie kelly conspiracy gif)

25 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Looks like only From Part Unknown is still available in the EU store. Grabbed that since I only have a black copy. Should have grabbed ex lives and new junk as well.

The other variants of those 2 are still available at RT and Low Teens:

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/every-time-i-die/new-junk-aesthetic

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/every-time-i-die/ex-lives

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/every-time-i-die/low-teens

Edited by djghost1976