Every Time I Die - Album 9

41 minutes ago, IntoXAnother said:

It's been brought up here, but the political differences 100% go back to Jordan's wife being a QAnon follower.  Being a Trump supporter is one thing that possibly could have been discussed with but when she was going on and on about the lunacy that Qanon brings, it brought his relationship with his brother to a standstill, I guess.  

I knew this, but for whatever reason thought Jordan and Kate were no longer together. Idk y I thought that, maybe because I was naïve and assumed Jordan wouldn't be with someone crazy like that. Welp 

50 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

I knew this, but for whatever reason thought Jordan and Kate were no longer together. Idk y I thought that, maybe because I was naïve and assumed Jordan wouldn't be with someone crazy like that. Welp 

I had read on reddit that they split, but don't know anything factual beyond whatever post I saw.  

20 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

I had read on reddit that they split, but don't know anything factual beyond whatever post I saw.  

Ok, maybe I'd seen the same then. I know she bolted from Twitter a couple years ago, and I've never seen her in any of Jordans posts, just their son. 

11 minutes ago, zaoza said:

Steve just started tweeting. It’s lengthy, and messy.

Just read through everything. This is quite messy, and for whatever reason my gut feeling is this all seems like Keith being a bit on the paranoid side, exasperated by his brothers alcohol abuse (pretty public knowledge if you've followed the band for some time) though according to Steve, Jordan hasn't been that way in sometime only have a few drinks now before show. 

I almost feel like this goes back to what was said before, this started as rift between brothers and Keith's clarity led to his distrust in the other band members. Which is sad, because Andy has always seemed like the absolute nicest, most sincere dude. 

50 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

exasperated by his brothers alcohol abuse (pretty public knowledge if you've followed the band for some time) though according to Steve, Jordan hasn't been that way in sometime only have a few drinks now before show. 

This is surprising to see... In the early days every time they came through my town, we would party and they would stay at me and friends places. Jordan was not the big drinker in the group. Keith drank a lot more..

Shinfo: Ratboy would go to IHOP when we would go bar hopping (or a strip club) 

https://twitter.com/MitchBHavin

Your best bet is to go to his twitter and read. Keith definitely has mental health issues going on and what seems like a lot of paranoia. And if what Steve is telling us is true, Keith did some pretty godawful things to try to get Jordan kicked out.

14 minutes ago, januarytwenty said:

Post them on here! 

Here, I tried copying pasting the tweets into one continuous thought, hope it works: 

I know what has transpired online over the past month has been confusing, vague, sad, totally out of character, leaving people angry, etc. I know this, because Andy, Jordan, Goose, myself, and every single person behind the scenes to make ETID go have felt those with you…This band of 20 plus years of hard work, dedication, doing it our own way and with pride was tore down and ripped away in a matter of 4 or so tweets at wee hours of the morning in December of 2021. A band that we were so immensely proud of was reduced to TMZ/soap opera ashes. in quite possibly the saddest demise of anything I’ve ever seen in my life, and we were a part of it. While I’ve been cringing at even the thought of doing this, I am now choosing to stick up for my friends, coworkers, anyone that’s ever had a hand in ETID, and myself…

Our MGR retired in June. There was a seamless transition to a new MGR who was formerly our day to day point woman. She was incredible at her job, so we were all comfortable with her and all 5 agreed to bring her on board. Privately, and behind our backs, Keith made a call to her. saying he wanted Jordan out of the band. Immediately, an internal rift started. We canceled a live stream event, canceled a video shoot. The band paid for therapy for them. After ONE session, ONE, Keith had convinced the band that he could continue and keep the band rolling. after numerous talks about every member being more open, more transparent, we were feeling good about the future. We play a Covid comeback show in Buffalo. We find out from MGMT that Keith was trying to cancel the show even after every single safety precaution was humanly done. so, in full transparency, we got on a group call and asked Keith about it. He immediately called our MGR a liar, she started crying, he hung up the phone. Hung up. No accountability. We awkwardly sweep it under the rug and head into Furnace Fest and the radical release…. The tour started off seemingly well. Until we got 1 week into tour in Omaha. After the set, Jordan walked back on stage after kids were shouting for another song. While backstage I go “are we doing this?”, Keith replied “that’s your boy”. No, that’s all our boy…Right there was when I sensed this therapy session did not work. It immediately soured the rest of the tour moving forward for us. This is the band. These 5 guys. Everyone here are boys. Well, whatever we have a tour to do. We march on….

We were in full support of Keith traveling separate. We supported him in ways that I won’t disclose, but he knows, he had full support of the band. There was no crazy drinking on this tour. I don’t drink on tour. Goose doesn’t, Andy doesn’t. Jordan maybe 2 & 2 more for stage props. Keith was showing up to shows 10 minutes, sometimes 5 minutes before set time, and while I mostly wasn’t paying attention due to my own preshow rituals and warmups, it was casting a reasonable concern as to “what if the RV breaks down?” I have zero clue what Keith claims to have heard. But there was zero conversation, I mean, zero, about replacing Keith as the singer of ETID. Keith knows that cause I’ve told him that personally and via text, NUMEROUS times recently and over the years. He stormed off the stage after the show and refused to talk to Andy & myself. We waited. We waited longer. His girlfriend told us “I’ve been trying to tell him to talk to you guys”. Well, we waited longer as she went to get him. Never showed up. We sat there for over an hour waiting. I could tell Andy was defeated and deflated. We all were.

The next morning as we woke up on Dec 3rd, we found out, via twitter, that Keith was leaving the tour. He never told us, never told MGMT. That’s how we found out. Keith sited mental health reasons. So, in full support of Keith like we have always done, we addressed mental health in a statement, wished him well, and hoped to play TTS with him. Also, keeping in line with band history, when Keith has left a tour for whatever reason, we have ALWAYS continued with whatever friend we could beg at the time to fulfill any obligations we had. This time though we didn’t even feel it was right to have someone fill in. So, to not disappoint paying ticket holders, the 4 of us agreed to continue and just have kids come up and sing their favorite songs. Does it suck not having Keith there, absolutely! But what are we supposed to do? We found out via twitter he was leaving and wouldn’t talk to us. So, we posted that we were gonna do those 3 shows. Well, Keith somehow took that as a personal attack. What followed after that is still shocking to me and quite frankly will never understand it…

That statement was not proof of anything. It’s what we’ve always done. Whatever he claimed to hear did not warrant in any way shape or form the slander of a fellow band member publicly nor did it warrant tarnishing the legacy of the band we were all in for over 2 decades…We, along with MGMT, the label, booking agent were in absolute shock. While scrambling to decide what to do next, we got word that the ‘68 tested positive for covid. So, we made the decision to cancel the final 3 shows and contemplate the future of TTS…On Saturday, Dec 4th, I called Keith. He didn’t answer. So, I texted him. He did respond to the text with a “if you have anything to say, say it here”. He also said “I don’t trust either of you” when referring to Andy and I. Wasn’t sure what we did but I looped Andy in on the text. Keith led off by saying “I’m not talking, I’m reading”. The main bullet points of this convo are as follows: His main concern was why Andy’s g/f unfollowed him on social media and why I laughed at something Jordan said in our dressing room that I don’t even remember happening. He threatened to walk 3 times, let me repeat, 3 times during this convo. He gave Andy and myself an ultimatum to choose him or Jordan. What?? Friends don’t give friends ultimatums. He accused Andy and I of allowing physical and emotional abuse towards him via Jordan for 20 years. Do you think for a second that Andy and myself would ever allow or stand for anything like that? We’re just waiting daily for a healthy dose of abuse to happen and let it slide? Never. Keith said the outcome of TTS happening was in OUR hands! What? You put us here…

We didn’t budge. Not for a second. We chose ETID. Like we ALWAYS have. These 5 members. Keith wanted Andy and I to teach a fill in guitar player over 30 songs in 4 days. Lol I still laugh at that. After hours of desperate attempts to say we weren’t taking the stage without Jordan, we came to the agreement to play the Xmas shows for the kids and the bands that traveled. But in order to do that, we had to meet the demands of Keith: separate dressing room on the other side of the building, a statement saying we apologized although all we originally did was address mental health which is verbatim what Keith tweeted in regard to him leaving the tour, demanded no alcohol in the rest of the bands dressing room even though no one was drinking and Jordan barely was, etc. We play the shows with zero access to Keith. Not one word said. During that week between the tour and TTS, Keith was accusing Jordan of making fake set lists to hand out to him (never happened), he was blocking us from his social media (only to unblock me on Dec 6th while I was at a Bills game to comment “noted”) super cryptic and when I texted him to ask him what that meant, he didn’t reply. Look, he refused to take the stage any further with Jordan in the band. He dragged the band name over hot coals online for the public to see. Accusing Jordan of wild shit. Leaked private text messages between Jordan and himself in only what I could imagine was some attempt to make Jordan look bad and didn’t at all. He threw that legal up some mic drop/dunk attempt that tried to make himself look like he was fired when his own lawyer even knows that’s not the case and you can see for yourself it’s not.

Look, at some point, you have to take your own life back. There were completely irrational tweets sent out ruining the thing that EVERYONE in the band built. We read between the lines enough to come to the conclusion that Keith could and would continue without us…So guess what? I know some people don’t want the fairy tale ruined, but the band is a business. And the 4 of us rightfully so, were setting boundaries and protecting our interests. That’s it. That’s all that is. And for this to have even gotten to where it is is soooo sad.

I have nothing to lose band wise by posting this other than to stick up for a band member undeservingly slandered and ourselves. The band was already ripped away. I hope everyone understands how much this hurts every single one of us. Our manager QUIT management completely because of this. Take a guess why. I absolutely appreciate each and every one of you, sincerely from the bottom of my heart, and i will always remember these experiences. I ultimately wish Keith the best and truly hope he does find inner peace and no hate in his heart like he constantly says he has. Enjoy the music that’s out there, and hopefully myself and the rest of the guys that choose to make music with me will see you soon.

20 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

Our MGR retired in June.

As much as I basically read all this as a rift between brothers unable to reconcile. I am curious how much Biggie helped keep them together and prevent their bullshit from getting in the way of the band because he's been with them for SOOO long, and with him gone, they lost those guardrails, even if the new manager is great. 

holy smokes....I think @Justinadamk nailed it.  they had long standing problems (some reasonable, others not...like your bro being married to someone who believes in silly things is not a good reason to hate your brother) that the manager/MGMT was able to keep from sinking the ship.  Once the manager left, it clearly unraveled everything from both sides' posts, that seems to be agreed upon.  What happened next is the classic he said/she said stuff that is so sad to watch play out from the outside.  I hope time changes things, if for no other reason than for brothers to come back together and be brothers.  I know my brother and I have some fairly big philosophical differences, but it can't get in the way of caring for each other.  You can't say "love and peace" and then be unloving to others close to you and expect people on the outside to not be suspicious.  It just sucks that this is all so public...

2 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

As much as I basically read all this as a rift between brothers unable to reconcile. I am curious how much Biggie helped keep them together and prevent their bullshit from getting in the way of the band because he's been with them for SOOO long, and with him gone, they lost those guardrails, even if the new manager is great. 

Knowing Biggie as a manager, he was indeed very good at his job.

Did a quick search out of curiosity and found this link, but the podcast audio is no longer there.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2015/02/05/manager-of-btbam-every-time-i-die-terror-etc-shares-career-tips/

Interestingly, the parts I found most interesting weren’t about the business itself but those about managing the personal and interpersonal dynamics of every band, which, no surprise here, can be extremely challenging.”

16 hours ago, zaoza said:

Did a quick search out of curiosity and found this link, but the podcast audio is no longer there.

https://www.metalsucks.net/2015/02/05/manager-of-btbam-every-time-i-die-terror-etc-shares-career-tips/

Interestingly, the parts I found most interesting weren’t about the business itself but those about managing the personal and interpersonal dynamics of every band, which, no surprise here, can be extremely challenging.”

It's unfortunate it appears to no longer be free to listen to (it was at the time this happened). But this is the interview if someone wanted to pay for it https://aid.network/circleoftrust-content/2021/4/25/biggie-former-artist-manager-retired-the-exit-interview 

All I can say at this point, is between here, Reddit, Twitter, a couple published articles, Facebook, MySpace, I've read quite a bit about this the last couple days.  In face so much, that a few times I was exhausted and had to just shut the computer off.  Which made me feel horrific for the parties involved who have been dealing with this mess behind the scenes for so long, who can't just shut it off.

Nonetheless, it's been interesting to hear everyone's ideas.  Now more than previous to the official breakup, Keith's interviews & posts just seem like relatively incoherent rambling.  I would love to know what drugs, and how much of them, he indulged in before getting sober.  I feel like it's just a mix of a scrambled brain, trying so hard to find a foundation and some clarity, while still feeling the side effects of extreme paranoia, delusions, etc.  But I know nothing about what he was doing (besides alcohol), nor about long lasting effects of whatever drugs he was doing.  He's also a grown man, and putting 100% of the blame on Angie Ono isn't right, but she sure doesn't seem to be helping.  It's very easy to be manipulated when you're in love...  How much of it could be something of that nature, versus just purely a recovering addict?  Love is a drug in and of itself.  She certainly is a massive red flag in this story.  I hope it's not purely that...  
The other couple things I wanted to add, did you guys see Goose's girlfriend's twitter response to Keith?  What Keith says, throughout ALL of this, is really kind of difficult to grasp exactly what he means a lot of the time.  Everybody else's responses are quite clear, if you ask me.  I didn't think Steve's posts were messy at all.  They made a ton of sense.  (Verbally, not the formatting)  What I do worry about at this point, is a guy who needs to log off the internet, and figure his shit out, reading all of this and feeling alienated.  And responding to his own Twitter post where he discussed not understanding what Under Water Bimbos was all about, during their last tour.  Yesterday he simply responds to that Tweet from about 6 weeks ago, "Now I know..."  I sure hope he's not referencing the opening line of the song.  As much as I think all conclusions pretty much lead to him being the problem, I worry for the guy, and like the rest of you, hope the best for him (and his friends and family) on a personal level.  And of course on a musical level, one day we dream he does get right with himself, and Jake and Elwood put the band back together like the universe meant for it to be.

https://imgur.com/a/RfXIrY8