Every Time I Die - Album 9

1 hour ago, mcpaddolive said:

Had 4 of the EU represses turn up today!

If anyone missed out on a coloured Radical, Kings Road seem to have put up a few more of the Neon Yellow & Green that were limited to 400.

https://uk.kingsroadmerch.com/every-time-i-die/

wish they'd put up some more ex-lives and low teens, i missed those ugh
on the plus side my copes of new junk aesthetic and from parts unknown are arriving today, crazy fast shipping from europe

13 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

Banquet still has 3 out of the 4 (Low Teens says back in stock soon, but not sure how reliable that is).  Shipping is high to the US, but if you need all 3 it might not be too bad:

https://www.banquetrecords.com/search?q=every+time+i+die

Radical GIF by Every Time I Die

Edited by ajborneman

On 1/19/2022 at 7:03 AM, ethanpricington said:

Andy has always seemed like the absolute nicest, most sincere dude. 

i'm still catching up on this thread, so forgive me for double-posting if i end up doing so, but just wanted to say when all this shit went down i was immediately on andy's side, no joke. like, i don't know andy, but i've met him a few times after shows, we've all seen the shit happens dvd and his interviews, and if you ever asked me to doubt this man's integrity, i couldn't. maybe it's an extremely elaborate hoax, but more likely he is just a righteous dude

13 hours ago, ajborneman said:

Radical GIF by Every Time I Die

incredible gif. thank you

i think if i had to ask my wife (clinical psychologist) what she thought, based on all of this, i feel like it would be something along the lines of: if your beef with your brother is so deep-seated that you can't peacefully coexist, you will probably see anything that resembles taking sides as an affront. as in, steve and andy doing what's best for the band—which means supporting keith, but also supporting jordan—the latter of which, to keith, is an act of betrayal, no matter how benign. just seems like a toxic sibling relationship. but i can also see keith is EXTREMELY sensitive and vulnerable, because when i read the band's statement about keith leaving tour, honestly my first thought was, "that's dope that he is prioritizing his mental health and the band is supporting him." it didn't cross my mind for a second there was something wrong! i just thought keith needed a breather and the band was on board. it would've set a great example tbh. we all need boundaries. but he came out swinging instead, and the writing was on the wall from that moment forward

edit: also i am pretty, uhh, unreceptive, i suppose, of people talking about "their" truth. that's not my cup of tea!

Edited by chamb117

On 1/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, 1876records said:

just scored a copy of Gutter Phenomenon on pink vinyl from my local record shop for $140. solid day

EDIT: vinyl is warped, not stoked. gonna stack a shit load of books on it

record on a flat surface (in inner sleeve), a blanket or something soft for protection, a 45-pound gym plate. i had a record come warped as shit once, like a goddamn pringle, and this did the trick. books ain't gonna cut it unless you have a couple dozen college textbooks

Got my Ex Lives, I don't know why I didn't already have it. Think I bought the CD on release day to play in the car and just never got around to the LP. Just need the box set albums now. 

Hope Keith gets some help, there's no way the three non-Buckleys are on Jordan's side 'because Keith got sober and they don't like it' or whatever nonsense I've half-read. Don't really get why he'd have to travel separately, Andy's been straight edge forever so it can't be some toxic peer pressure environment where the sober aren't welcome. That's the other thing, I can't imagine not being on whichever side Andy's on - nicest guy in the world.

On 1/22/2022 at 8:04 PM, kyacrash said:

someone edited the ETID discogs page to show everyone except Keith as former members.  Kinda dumb/silly/sad.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/299868-Every-Time-I-Die

People on Discogg's love to feel important and go modify DB info and let everyone know how many rule sections they are championing haha. Classic 

1 minute ago, V3XED said:

People on Discogg's love to feel important and go modify DB info and let everyone know how many rule sections they are championing haha. Classic 

I was going to say... if you guys want a real headache, you should look at the comments of the Edit history and see people hashing out the details / arguing over the specifics of the edits.  Wish I had that kind of time on my hands.  Between work and shit-posting it's just not feasible.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I was going to say... if you guys want a real headache, you should look at the comments of the Edit history and see people hashing out the details / arguing over the specifics of the edits.  Wish I had that kind of time on my hands.  Between work and shit-posting it's just not feasible.

Updating release photos is always a good way for some power hungry mod to tell you how stupid you are so they can feel important. A lot of the Caspian represses are blank cause of it and I don’t care enough to spend all the time taking “correct” photos. 

23 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Uggh. Yeah.... if it's a record that matters enough to me, I'm one of those people. For example, I'm leading a discussion on whether to merge all the AFI Sing the Sorrow boots because we all know, any other record label would call these a "random mix" vinyl, we all know that's what's happening behind the scenes and not intentionally ordering ~65 purple records. Scalpers are just using it as a way to sell them on Discogs. You aren't supposed to be able to sell any boots on Discogs for copyright reasons.

Edited by MCDELTAT

6 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Updating release photos is always a good way for some power hungry mod to tell you how stupid you are so they can feel important. A lot of the Caspian represses are blank cause of it and I don’t care enough to spend all the time taking “correct” photos. 

Oh yeah.  My favorite part about that is the consistency with which it's enforced.  There are so many vinyl and CD releases on Discogs that feature digital art.  If you're going on a crusade to make sure they all reflect the actual product, then you've got your work cut out for you, and shouldn't just pick & choose sporadically.  I totally get the argument for when a physical release has art that's notably different from the digital's... but otherwise, who gives a shit?  I'd rather see digital art than no art.

I forgot what release it was, but years back I had [twice] tried to apply the digital art to an obscure Discogs listing that no one cared about – and that I was too lazy to photograph – but some user kept removing it.  I'm not even sure if s/he was a moderator.  For the third upload, I just took the same digital art and went into Photoshop to apply a light gradient and make it look slightly less "clean", like it was feasibly reflecting some light from the window or something.  That seemed to do it. 🙄 It honestly, probably, would've been just as quick to snap a pic and upload it... but it was the principle at play.  I had to know if people were being as dumb and petty as I suspected they were.  And was definitely not disappointed.

Just now, MCDELTAT said:

Uggh. Yeah.... if it's a record that matters enough to me, I'm one of those people. For example, I'm leading a discussion on whether to merge all the AFI Sing the Sorrow boots because we all know, any other record label would call these a "random mix" vinyl, we all know that's what's happening behind the scenes and not intentionally ordering ~65 purple records.

Good luck with that one.  I have no horse in that race but I do agree that they should be merged as "random mix".  I was checking them out after reading more of the AFI thread and couldn't believe how many individual listings there were.