PO: The Secret Machines - Awake in the Brain Chamber

• 1 month later...

First 2 singles took awhile to grow on me, but after listening to the entire album this morning

I'm really impressed with what Brandon/Josh came up with. 

Definitely looking forward to The Moth, the Lizard and the Secret Machines finally getting released

Edited by BeerMonger
a word

• 8 months later...
40 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Reissue of Now Here Is Nowhere coming from MOV on 25th June

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/secret-machines/now-here-is-nowhere#.YKKst6hKiUk

Techincally a second pressing of the reissue. Fingers crossed for the same thing to happen to Ten Silver Drops even though there were pressing issues/people grousing about the per-side runtime the first time around. All the local record stores carried the first reissue of Now Here Is Nowhere so I didn't preorder TSD. Meanwhile local stores carried like one copy of the TSD reissue at most, and it sold out before I got my hands on it.

1 hour ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Techincally a second pressing of the reissue. Fingers crossed for the same thing to happen to Ten Silver Drops even though there were pressing issues/people grousing about the per-side runtime the first time around. All the local record stores carried the first reissue of Now Here Is Nowhere so I didn't preorder TSD. Meanwhile local stores carried like one copy of the TSD reissue at most, and it sold out before I got my hands on it.

The previous reissue was Run Out Groove not MOV.  As far as I can tell this  is their first MOV.  

14 hours ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Does that mean they'll strike a new master plate/new remaster, or use the 2017 ROG plate?

I'm not sure.  This is the first time I've seen cross over between the two labels.  I know MOV's recent reissue of Slowdive Pygmalion was different than the VMP one from a few years before so I'd expect them to do their own thing with this one.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Does that mean they'll strike a new master plate/new remaster, or use the 2017 ROG plate?

I may be wrong about this, but I am pretty sure MOV are always a different/new pressing. I’ve never seen someone say it’s the same pressing as an older one. Even when there within a year or two of each other, and I’ve looked/researched and listen to a lot of MOV releases. 

Edited by nelso330
Grammar

• 1 month later...