PO Now: Train- Drops of Jupiter

Not really my cup of tea, but I figure there is some nostalgic (or general) interest here.

Not really advertised as such, but this is its first vinyl release.

Limited to 3,000.

Ships next week.

https://www.mofi.com/product-p/mfsl1-444.htm

Mastered from the Original Master Tapes, Pressed at RTI, and Limited to 3,000 Numbered Copies: Warm, Full Sound Breathes with Openness and Airiness

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

19 hours ago, crossedoutname said:

I can ride the hate on train bandwagon all day, but..........

Train sucks so bad and the fact that they dedicated time to recording and releasing an album-length Zeppelin cover that sounds as close to the original as possible is so stupid and pointless and hilarious that it's not really an argument in my favor for me. What a bizarre thing to do, made me laugh so hard when I found out

On 6/27/2020 at 5:07 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

I'm not here to hate on them. It's just poppy radio rock. Doesn't mean they aren't good musicians. Figured some one will buy it. Besides, it'd be nice to get more recentish MoFi issues (Rum DMC Raise Hell is coming soon too, so that's a nice change of pace too).

I did grab the green VMP Run D.M.C., but I usually love Mo-Fi pressings.

I will have to check the finances and price, but I am really interested! 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Plarocks said:

I did grab the green VMP Run D.M.C., but I usually love Mo-Fi pressings.

I will have to check the finances and price, but I am really interested! 👍🏻

I only have a couple (Weezer, DRA, Bob Dylan) but they all sound fantastic. I think I'll pick up Raising Hell. Nothing else of interest slated for this year, but I'd love to see more recent stuff. 

1 minute ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I only have a couple (Weezer, DRA, Bob Dylan) but they all sound fantastic. I think I'll pick up Raising Hell. Nothing else of interest slated for this year, but I'd love to see more recent stuff. 

Yes, the Drops of Jupiter was actually a surprise. Heck, I would love a Mo-Fi Better Than Ezra “Deluxe.” I am surprised “Run Out Groove” has not done it already.

Is the DRA the “Love is Hell?”

6 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Yes, the Drops of Jupiter was actually a surprise. Heck, I would love a Mo-Fi Better Than Ezra “Deluxe.” I am surprised “Run Out Groove” has not done it already.

Is the DRA the “Love is Hell?”

Yes. Got it (pre-knowledge of his behavior) for like $35. Same with Weezer, got em cheap. Dylan - Times was like $35 or $40, but I wasn't gonna miss it after not getting Blonde on Blonde before it sold out

1 minute ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yes. Got it (pre-knowledge of his behavior) for like $35. Same with Weezer, got em cheap. Dylan - Times was like $35 or $40, but I wasn't gonna miss it after not getting Blonde on Blonde before it sold out

I was initially concerned about some of it NOT being from the master tape, but everyone that has it, says it sounds good.

I would love to see a Mo-Fi repress of “Pneumonia.” 

12 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

I was initially concerned about some of it NOT being from the master tape, but everyone that has it, says it sounds good.

I would love to see a Mo-Fi repress of “Pneumonia.” 

I would like to see Faithless Street and Rural Free Delivery actually on vinyl for the first time.