PO - Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension LP

5 hours ago, al-naafiysh said:

Yeah it sounds like it's trying to be more epic than it is. Kind of boring and repetitive imo

Same. This sounds more like Age of Adz... which is cool, but... I too was hoping for something closer to Carrie & Lowell / Illinois / Seven Swans

Age of Adz is my favorite Sufjan album by a lot, so I think I'm going to enjoy this. I'm not going to listen to it until the official album release though. 

1-2-3-4 Go! had some more up online today and sent an email out to customers letting them know that after they WOULD in fact receive their full order after being told they wouldn’t, it’s possible something similar may be happening here.

I ordered a copy just in case but am fully prepared for another round of cancellations. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good. I thought I was the only one. Yeah, when we got that cancel email a few weeks back I was bummed, but when I looked at my account a day or two later I noticed it was not cancelled. So I had my fingers crossed these past couple of weeks. Very happy to see its shipping today. Can't wait.

Edited by timsimmons

My BM also got cancelled and I have not seen a charge or shipping notice, but I did some digging around today for a copy after more went up at LandLocked (sold out again now) and found some at Hi-Voltage....didn't know if it was legit or not, but I tried it out because why not, and within a few hours got shipping notification for it already.

https://hivoltagerecords.com/sufjan-stevens-america-my-rajneesh-12-new/

On 7/16/2020 at 6:28 PM, djghost1976 said:

Yes, I know it's POS (fitting letters btw), but they did just re-stock the America 12" if anyone is looking and didn't gouge the price really: https://portofsoundrecords.com/products/america-2?variant=32580552032361

Just got my shipping confirmation for America from POS - man do these two tracks slap (as the kids say)

9 minutes ago, museummouth said:

I feel like there’s no way this is actually only /1000. 

1500 according to most sites. And it seems like this is mainly a record store distro, so a lot of physical store have the copies in hand and were selling online with very limited amounts on Bullmoose and Bandcamp and all those I feel like.