PO - Sufjan Stevens - The Ascension LP

So this is back up on BullMoose? And they still won't fulfill my original order with both the 2xlp and the 12".  So you would have to purchase it again including shipping if you wanted it from them, instead of the original order? Absolutely laughable. 

Glad I was able to grab it from HV, and it came yesterday. 

1 hour ago, JRHews said:

So this is back up on BullMoose? And they still won't fulfill my original order with both the 2xlp and the 12".  So you would have to purchase it again including shipping if you wanted it from them, instead of the original order? Absolutely laughable. 

Glad I was able to grab it from HV, and it came yesterday. 

Did you contact customer service? They're usually pretty good about working something out with  these kind of situations.

4 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Did you contact customer service? They're usually pretty good about working something out with  these kind of situations.

I did, but at this point I don't need two, and still get free shipping on the LP since it was over 30. It's just frustrating that there was no communication and I struggled to find one for a while.

Edited by JRHews

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The singles are by far the worst tracks on this. It’s Age of Adz pt. 2. 

Wonderful surprise. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/sep/25/sufjan-stevens-interview-the-ascension

interesting interview mentioning he’s been working on more music currently too. 

Edited by museummouth

3 minutes ago, JohnMatrix said:

Agreed some of the songs would've been better without the long instrumentals on either end

Can't relate to much of this.  The outros are sublime on this record, and as intimidating as that runtime may look up front, I found myself pleasantly lost in this album.  It really washes over you.  I think a lot of people will be quick label to Age of Adz II – because, you know, bleep-bloops – but his use of synths and electronics feel way more deliberate and subtle this time around.  The album feels more like a nuanced journey whereas Adz feels more like a musical at times – not a critique, just an observation.  I can absolutely hear the maturation of his songwriting on The Ascension.  No track really dragged for me or missed the mark, which I found rather impressive when looking at the sheer breadth of this project.  Really content with the record and already eager to revisit it.