Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

2 minutes ago, Kyle_ftl said:

People on Facebook are saying this is going to be live performances not the original recordings... any truth to that?

Part of me wants this to be true to bring my waffling to an end.  Can’t imagine this bad is prolific enough that there’d be enough interest to mass-produce a live boxset... but I could be dead wrong.

4 minutes ago, Kyle_ftl said:

People on Facebook are saying this is going to be live performances not the original recordings... any truth to that?

don't see how they're gonna advertise them as the original studio albums with original artwork and then turn around and put live versions or w/e on them...

4 minutes ago, Kyle_ftl said:

Not sure why the slip band would say "original release [date]" if it weren't the original recordings. That said, I wish the product photos could be enlarged so we could read what it says under "recorded by [producer]."

Just now, copelandkid said:

don't see how they're gonna advertise them as the original studio albums with original artwork and then turn around and put live versions or w/e on them...

Yeah.  “Repressing is the original packaging + Observatory OBI band“ raises 2 questions for me.

1 – Repress as in, pressed again.  There has been no live Underoath album, right?

2 – Didn’t DTGL and LITSOS have different art for their vinyl releases?  The mockup shows the CD art, which isn’t the original in my books.

3 minutes ago, rundmcc said:

I think they are coming. They mentioned they will be doing some vinyl reissues on Twitch recently.

Isn’t this whole thing tied to Twitch?  Part of me wouldn’t be surprised if someone is using the words “repress” and “reissue” to somehow sell more copies of this Live box, which is shady as hell.

24 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Oh man I forgot all about that.  Was it Hot Topic?  Or something else?  There were some pretty good memes and mockups poking fun at it, I remember that much.

Ohhhh yea you’re right it wasn’t actually Hot Topic branding, it was some ‘180G AUDIOPHILE REISSUE” branding or something. Either way it belonged on the hype sticker. 

5 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

did they just take down their entire FB??? i mean i get that the preoder links might have been put up inadvertantly but that seems like an overcorrection lol

Screen-Shot-2020-07-02-at-19-23-07.png

They took Erase Me to a whole new level, but if this is a live album then, seriously, FUCK ME!