Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

18 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

So it's Underoath's manager. He reached out to ask a few questions and said they will have more info tomorrow morning about what happened. He also told me to let the internet know that this is NOT live recordings.

First off, this is fucking weird, and definitely not a good look, if true.

Secondly, did they really have the three live records planned, found out that they had severely fucked up by doing that, people were pissed/wouldn’t give a shit about live records and have to scurry and restructure their whole plan of action? 

5 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

did they really have the three live records planned, found out that they had severely fucked up by doing that, people were pissed/wouldn’t give a shit about live records and have to scurry and restructure their whole plan of action? 

Honestly that would be hilarious and so nutty that I would have no choice but to respect it.

This has honestly been such a wild, fun night. So curious to see how this turns out.

I don't think they could've done an about-face from new live pressings to studio represses as a reactionary move with the kind of horrific red tape Capitol CMG is known for, though.

Also: their Facebook is back up, but no shop tab and the links are still dead.

Edited by rcafilm

Just got an email for cancellation and then a separate underoath email about the release.

"Observatory Beta Transmission Test Succesful. Test was terminated at 100 engaged users. All Currency received will be reallocated to user within 24-48 hours. Error. Confirmed limited access launch date 7.6.20. "

3 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Just got an email for cancellation and then a separate underoath email about the release.

"Observatory Beta Transmission Test Succesful. Test was terminated at 100 engaged users. All Currency received will be reallocated to user within 24-48 hours. Error. Confirmed limited access launch date 7.6.20. "

Holy fucking lol.

A “beta transmission test”?  That’s a new one.  “H-hey guys... it was j-just a test.  You should’ve seen the look on y-your faces, haha.  Hah.  Ha.”

I got the same email, it has some more information in it that I won't post publicly. It appears that, while they're cancelling our orders, we're at least still being given a 20-hour head start before this goes wide.

For those who missed this "test", it appears the public release is 7/7 at noon EST.

30 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Where did you get this from? Their official mailing list? Twitch mailing list? Not gonna miss out just bc they cancelled my order.

Edit:

NVM. Got it as well but it was in my promotions thing in gmail.

Edited by MCDELTAT

1 minute ago, MCDELTAT said:

Where did you get this from? Their official mailing list? Twitch mailing list? Not gonna miss out just bc they cancelled my order.

Same shop email address that sent the cancellation email. Maybe check your spam if you got the cancellation but not the update email.