Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Willing to bet you could get a lot more than $85 for them collectively.  If you’re going that route, I’d do it before these reissues gain a ton of traction and dilute the current market for them.

Seeing the artwork from the original DTGL release is not used I doubt the value will decrease as it will stay a "unique" collectors item

Just now, joneboon said:

Seeing the artwork from the original DTGL release is not used I doubt the value will decrease as it will stay a "unique" collectors item

Definitely for a select crowd.  I think it’s fair to say there’s always going to be a rare breed who have to own OG presses, so there’s a residual value there.  But a lot of people probably just want to own any copy of the record.  And considering it’s only had 2 official presses — only one of which was a double LP — I think a lot of folks will be happy resorting to a $25 reissue than a $250 copy with different album art.  Not everyone, you’re right, but the majority.  My guess anyway.

Grabbed one + livestream for DTGL. Says there will be a download of the performance later, so maybe I'll see if I can find it later. Personally, don't see why they didn't go the same route as Code Orange and just do it on twitch and then offer a ton of limited merch or DVDs of it. Still don't think anyone will be able to top their stuff.