Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Grabbed one + livestream for DTGL. Says there will be a download of the performance later, so maybe I'll see if I can find it later. 

Where did you see this? I'm really curious about the livestreams and trying to get some more info before I spring for tickets. I'm a little on the fence about $15 for a one time 10 song set, but a download would help.

1 minute ago, rcafilm said:

Where did you see this? I'm really curious about the livestreams and trying to get some more info before I spring for tickets. I'm a little on the fence about $15 for a one time 10 song set, but a download would help.

Description from LITSOS Ticket:

Ticket for 'Lost in the Sound of Separation' Live Stream Transmission on Underøathobservatory.com.

Exclusive performance of the album in its entirety.

Includes:

Access to the Livestream Transmission of Lost In The Sound Of Separation on July 17 @ 8PM ET / 5PM PT
Access to the Livestream Transmission for 24 hours after performance

So they'll be streaming it on the site and you get a download 24 hours later. Each purchase will be emailed an access code. Can't share access codes, but there will probably be ways to download after the fact (people sharing here).

15 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Ticket for 'Lost in the Sound of Separation' Live Stream Transmission on Underøathobservatory.com.

Includes:

Access to the Livestream Transmission of Lost In The Sound Of Separation on July 17 @ 8PM ET / 5PM PT

So they'll be streaming it on the site and you get a download 24 hours later. Each purchase will be emailed an access code. Can't share access codes, but there will probably be ways to download after the fact (people sharing here).

I don't think that means what you think it means... That seems to say to me that they will allow you to stream again for the next 24 hours, just like when you rent a movie on a streaming site. Obviously, someone can probably record the stream or the playback stream, but it doesn't sound to me like they are sending you a DL code. If anything, they'll try to sell those as DVDs later or something.

5 minutes ago, swallowtales said:

Got in and grabbed a box, going to sell my og copy of Define the Great Line now. Does anyone know a contact email for the underoath store? I want to tell them to ship records outside of sleeves to prevent splits, but couldn't see a comment field when ordering and can't find an email

[email protected]

Edited by rundmcc

7 minutes ago, zacooper said:

I don't think that means what you think it means... That seems to say to me that they will allow you to stream again for the next 24 hours, just like when you rent a movie on a streaming site. Obviously, someone can probably record the stream or the playback stream, but it doesn't sound to me like they are sending you a DL code. If anything, they'll try to sell those as DVDs later or something.

Either way... I'll be downloading it. My last job dealt heavily with streaming. With exception of some encrypted ones (I doubt this is) I can download/grab any MPEG-DASH or HLS stream.

25 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Includes:

Yea, that's not a download. It just means the page to view the stream will remain up for 24 hours after the performance finishes. That's how Anberlin did it, and I imagine why Underoath is now doing it, considering how entwined the bands are outside the actual bands. "Anberlin - Hey, we have this great idea! Underoath - Cool, let's do that too!"

2 hours ago, zacooper said:

Those descriptions are still really badly written in my opinion to truly clarify that they are the original recordings and not just the livestream on vinyl. But stoked either way.

Agreed. And the guy who "confirmed" they're actually represses on reddit has another comment on there saying they're live recordings.

Just now, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Agreed. And the guy who "confirmed" they're actually represses on reddit has another comment on there saying they're live recordings.

I’m the guy that confirmed it. It’s official that they are represses. These aren’t live recordings pressed on vinyl. The guys worked their asses off to make this happen. 

On 7/2/2020 at 9:56 PM, justin_cole12 said:

So it's Underoath's manager. He reached out to ask a few questions and said they will have more info tomorrow morning about what happened. He also told me to let the internet know that this is NOT live recordings.

I mean I confirmed 6 pages ago through the bands manager that these aren't live recordings..he personally told me they weren't.

3 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Snitch. They changed the password because of people like you...

Why is this some big secret? I don't follow this band at all and genuinely don't know. 

I saw this thread, wanted to buy this record, someone shared the password, and I bought the record. That's a good thing right?

24 minutes ago, kylet said:

Why is this some big secret? I don't follow this band at all and genuinely don't know. 

I saw this thread, wanted to buy this record, someone shared the password, and I bought the record. That's a good thing right?

Public access is tomorrow.  For whatever reason the band chose to stagger the pre-order across 2 dates.  Seems like a limited number of passwords were e-mailed out.  I’m sure there’s a method to the madness and that the band manager isn’t just lurking forums and snickering at anyone who can’t get in.

The password access was intended for those who ordered during the accidental launch the other day and got their orders canceled. But I haven't seen anything about pressing numbers, so I guess maybe they're going to just press whatever they sell and this isn't going to sell out.

1 minute ago, rcafilm said:

The password access was intended for those who ordered during the accidental launch the other day and got their orders canceled. But I haven't seen anything about pressing numbers, so I guess maybe they're going to just press whatever they sell and this isn't going to sell out.

That's pretty much what Anberlin is doing for theirs, the only difference being they're releasing the livestream on vinyl, not the studio recordings. Vinyl preorders for Anberlin go away once they do the show.

Sounds like this really was going to be the livestream and they did the quickest about face I've ever seen to switch it to the studio recordings. Hopefully there's still a digital download of the livestreams like Anberlin.