Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

7 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

That's pretty much what Anberlin is doing for theirs, the only difference being they're releasing the livestream on vinyl, not the studio recordings. Vinyl preorders for Anberlin go away once they do the show.

Sounds like this really was going to be the livestream and they did the quickest about face I've ever seen to switch it to the studio recordings. Hopefully there's still a digital download of the livestreams like Anberlin.

I dunno - I severely doubt it could be an about-face. 

1. getting the rights to their back catalog to press doesn't happen in 24-48 hours

2. these live shows haven't happened yet - you really think they can record them, do test pressings, get the tests approved, and then have thousands of vinyl ready to ship in 10-12 weeks?  

I think the text on the obi strip is very confusing but I think it's meant to imply that these re-presses are a celebration of what they are doing at the observatory. 

15 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

I dunno - I severely doubt it could be an about-face. 

1. getting the rights to their back catalog to press doesn't happen in 24-48 hours

2. these live shows haven't happened yet - you really think they can record them, do test pressings, get the tests approved, and then have thousands of vinyl ready to ship in 10-12 weeks?  

I think the text on the obi strip is very confusing but I think it's meant to imply that these re-presses are a celebration of what they are doing at the observatory. 

That's exactly what Anberlin is doing regarding the vinyl itself. Their preorders says 10-12 weeks (been seeing 10-12 weeks on pretty much every preorder lately) which surprised me too.  And that's for a vinyl of the livestream. Not a reissue of their Blackmarket album. I would not expect that that's the actual turn around now. Only reason I think it's an about face, is knowing how tight together the two bands are (between marring in to the same family, coffee shop/diner together, and a side project together) it makes sense to me that that is basically the same set up as Anberlin initially. Hell, they'll probably do this at the same venue Anberlin have been doing the livestreams at in Tampa. I agree, getting the rights would not normally be such a turn around like that, I had to deal with this stuff before for a band and it's a pain in the ass (as I'm sure you with know with KD etc). So who knows. I have no idea what deal they had in place the last time they put out these records. But hard to argue against what's on the marketing imagery.

EDIT: I incorrectly confused you with Thomas/Bad Timing

Edited by thenameisluigi

1 hour ago, kylet said:

Why is this some big secret? I don't follow this band at all and genuinely don't know. That's a good thing right?

I like my VC threads long, riddled with complaints, and jokes that get taken too seriously.  The password was just to make sure that people that ordered and got it refunded could get one. As everyone else said, I'm going to guess this in "infinite" and won't sell out. They'll keep selling till the show is over. Anyone trying to grab a second copy to flip will likely be losing money at this one.

31 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

the box set is more than the price of the three combined lmfao

This actually works out for me.  Upon revisiting TOCS this weekend, I don’t think the nostalgic pull is strong enough to offset the vocals or justify the cost of it.  I’d just never play it, but I’m still allured by DTGL and LITSOS.  Maybe.

Edited by Derek™

4 hours ago, drewberinger said:

The description literally says “original recordings pressed on 180 gram vinyl” I dunno how much clearer it has to be 

Could be clearer since this has been kind of a clusterfuck; most things have been "clarified" second-hand from some random person on the internet, and even though the description says that, the obi in the product mock-up photo on the site says, "Exclusive series of 3 full albums performed in their entirety via livestream."

spacer.png

There's no reason to be snotty, dude.

4 hours ago, justin_cole12 said:

I mean I confirmed 6 pages ago through the bands manager that these aren't live recordings..he personally told me they weren't.

I mean...you're a person unrelated to the band on the internet confirming something second hand, and the obi above seems contradictory. Sorry to ask for clarification again.

Thanks to the community for lighting this post up, I certainly would have missed this without it. I've been DM'd Underoath several times in the past if they had rights to repress anytime soon...
While it's not the the fabled Green pressing of TOCS, I have to day I'll be so happy once I finally get my hands on these, and I dig the smoky color even if they do show up being nearly black.
Grabbed a spare box because god knows it doesn't take long for each of these albums to be sought after again 😁

Just picked up all 3, free shipping to the US.

EDIT: To clarify, the band is performing these albums in their entirety through a concert via their website. That's where the whole live recordings thing is coming into play. They clarify on the website that the vinyl will be original recordings.

Tickets for 'Lost In The Sound of Separation' / ‘Define The Great Line’ / ‘They’re Only Chasing Safety’ Live Stream Transmissions on Underøathobservatory.com.

Exclusive performance of the albums in their entirety.

Includes:

Access to all three livestream transmissions (July 17, July 24, July 31)
    'Lost In The Sound of Separation' /  ‘Define The Great Line’ /  ‘They’re Only Chasing Safety’ Vinyl with Observatory Box. Repressing is the original recording & packaging + Observatory OBI band. ** Please note that vinyl is scheduled to ship in approximately 10-12 weeks.**
    Observatory t-shirt only available in the All Access 3 show bundle. ** Please note all merchandise will be fulfilled by the end of July**
    FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING FOR ALL ORDERS WITHIN THE US

** Each ticket requires a separate login to access the show. If you're buying more than one ticket or one ticket + merch item bundle, email [email protected] for additional accounts to be created!

Edited by soundofsulfur

10 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

I mean...you're a person unrelated to the band on the internet confirming something second hand, and the obi above seems contradictory. Sorry to ask for clarification again.

I mentioned that the bands manager reached out to me via email to ask some questions about the accidental early release of these through Facebook. He then proceeded to contact me through Instagram to give more context. Idk how much more valid of answers you are wanting but this is all coming directly from their manager. Here is the full conversation I've had with him. Seems they are probably lurking this thread too because he is trying to correct some misinformation.

Edited by justin_cole12

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

This actually works out for me.  Upon revisiting TOCS this weekend, I don’t think the nostalgic pull is strong enough to offset the vocals or justify the cost of it.  I’d just never play it, but I’m still allured by DTGL and LITSOS.  Maybe.

Down set go still rips tho 

4 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

how the F do I embed a picture? Haven't done it in so long.

Just make sure the photo URL ends in an extension (.jpg, .png) and paste the link.  Wait a second, and it’ll automatically embed.  If you’ve uploaded to Imgur you just need to right click the image itself and Open Image in New Tab to get the actual URL.

It’s an obnoxious process on mobile.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Just make sure the photo URL ends in an extension (.jpg, .png) and paste the link.  Wait a second, and it’ll automatically embed.  If you’ve uploaded to Imgur you just need to right click the image itself and Open Image in New Tab to get the actual URL.

It’s an obnoxious process on mobile.

Thanks man. Thats an annoying ass way to do that god damn.

Edited by justin_cole12

8 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Thanks man. Thats an annoying ass way to do that god damn.

Thanks for sharing that!

I was 95% sure after the note in the product pages, but even better to have it straight and in detail from the source.

Very excited to finally have these records, and I think the design on the box and the obi's looks cool IMO!