Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

More power to everyone who is thrilled about the box and buying it without hesitation, but I guess (for the lack of any real “savings” when purchased in a bundle), I was anticipating a bit more than a box / shell to house 3 LPs.  Is that slipmat not included? How about some liner notes from the band members?  An exclusive variant?  An art print or 3?  Not always, but boxsets usually throw in something when their cost exceeds buying each item individually.  I’m all for springing for deluxe editions and extra shit like prints, booklets, bonus demos, etc.  But from what I can tell there is none of that going on here.

2 hours ago, justin_cole12 said:

I mentioned that the bands manager reached out to me via email to ask some questions about the accidental early release of these through Facebook. He then proceeded to contact me through Instagram to give more context. Idk how much more valid of answers you are wanting but this is all coming directly from their manager. Here is the full conversation I've had with him. Seems they are probably lurking this thread too because he is trying to correct some misinformation.

I mean...I believe you.

I guess I was just pointing out that I could easily also  say, "yeah, the lead singer reached out to me through the store email and told me these are actually going to be made out of salami."

I appreciate you helping out and posting. Just seems weird that they randomly chose someone who ordered to be the "conduit" to get the correct info out to people. What if you'd have just not said anything to anyone? The whole release has been weird and nonsensical.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

The site finally just got announced on Underoath's social media.
Will be interesting to see if anything sells out during the course of the week, or if this pressing is truly massive (as I suspect).

Also, while the 'translucent black' debacle from their last album doesn't give me hope....

Here is a reminder of how nice that type of variant can turn out.  [Contortionist - Clairvoyant]

pPwt8SG.jpg

Edited by V3XED

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

More power to everyone who is thrilled about the box and buying it without hesitation, but I guess (for the lack of any real “savings” when purchased in a bundle), I was anticipating a bit more than a box / shell to house 3 LPs.  Is that slipmat not included? How about some liner notes from the band members?  An exclusive variant?  An art print or 3?  Not always, but boxsets usually throw in something when their cost exceeds buying each item individually.  I’m all for springing for deluxe editions and extra shit like prints, booklets, bonus demos, etc.  But from what I can tell there is none of that going on here.

While I picked up the boxset posthaste and am fine with $5 for a cool box, I would love to find out that the disappearing slipmat made its way into the set (definitely not counting on it though). At least the box has exclusive artwork.

1 hour ago, ajborneman said:

Since it says original recording and packaging, I'm really hoping TOCS will have "I Got Ten Friends And A Crowbar That Says You Ain't Gonna Do Jack"  as the final track. My collectors edition copy is nice, but does not have this song like the original pressing did.

Oh weird.... I always thought they considered that a B-Side. I had the original CD release and had to like download those from Purenoise or Myspace or something to hear them.

4 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Oh weird.... I always thought they considered that a B-Side. I had the original CD release and had to like download those from Purenoise or Myspace or something to hear them.

That one was on a really great comp Smartpunk put out way back when called ‘Music On The Brain’.. check that shizzz out

5 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

The special collector's edition CD had a bonus disc with 4 additional tracks, that's where those originally came from.

Tracklist
1. Young and Aspiring (03:05)
2. A Boy Brushed Red… Living in Black and White (04:28)
3. The Impact of Reason (03:24)
4. Reinventing Your Exit (04:23)
5. The Blue Note (00:51)
6. It’s Dangerous Business Walking Out Your Front Door (03:59)
7. Down, Set, Go (03:44)
8. I Don’t Feel Very Receptive Today (03:42)
9. I’m Content With Losing (03:55)
10. Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape (04:21)

Special Edition Bonus Tracks
11. I’ve Got 10 Friends and a Crowbar That Says You Ain’t Gonna Do Jack (05:00)
12. The 80’s Song (03:59)
13. You’re So Intricate (03:55)
14. SmicTague (03:30)

30 minutes ago, Whitewalls87 said:

Can we have the manager answer how many of these are actually being pressed or is this an infinite amount of boxsets that'll print forever?

It’s limited to 400 so you should buy a couple of them and put a preorder on eBay for like $210. Easy money really. 

I have an original TOCS press, which I still think their best record, wanted to buy Define, but this whole pay for a live stream concept is putting me off. I mean yeah they can't tour, don't have an income, but in these times at least donate some % of it... they are gonna make a fortune out of this whole observatory thing.

Edited by xfactor675

47 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

I mean yeah they can't tour, don't have an income, but in these times at least donate some % of it... they are gonna make a fortune out of this whole observatory thing.

I would love for these guys to make "a fortune" off of their hard work past and present. As someone in the currently-crippled entertainment industry, I'm happy for anyone managing to make a living right now.

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

I have an original TOCS press, which I still think their best record, wanted to buy Define, but this whole pay for a live stream concept is putting me off. I mean yeah they can't tour, don't have an income, but in these times at least donate some % of it... they are gonna make a fortune out of this whole observatory thing.

You don’t have to purchase a ticket. You can just buy the vinyl. 

I highly doubt they’ll make a fortune off this. There’s 6 members in the band, plus the crew. They don’t all live in the same area. Some have to travel. Do you know how difficult it is to produce a good-sounding live stream? 

I never thought I’d be on the internet in 2020 defending Underoath. But here I am. Quality live-streams are ridiculously difficult to pull off. I’m skeptical myself. But artists need to be creative to create new revenue streams right now. I’m sure they’d rather tour if they could. 

11 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

It’s limited to 400 so you should buy a couple of them and put a preorder on eBay for like $210. Easy money really. 

Didn't say I wanted to flip it, I just wanted to know if I had to order right now or had a few days. Someone in an fb group added 999999 to his cart and made it to the checkout screen, so i dunno about the 400 limit.

Edited by Whitewalls87
typo

17 minutes ago, Whitewalls87 said:

Didn't say I wanted to flip it, I just wanted to know if I had to order right now or had a few days. Someone in an fb group added 999999 to his cart and made it to the checkout screen, so i dunno about the 400 limit.

Bold of you to assume that I assumed that you were flipping. 

Limited to 666 by the way. Confirmed from the band manager’s uncle who texted me. 

Edited by [Banned User]