Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

5 hours ago, drewberinger said:

Maybe a hot take but Erase Me isn’t a bad record by any means - it’s not as good as what the band has put out over the course of their career but the back half of that record rips

I listened to the LP a couple weeks back and for side A I was like "yeah this is about what I remember" and then I flipped to side B and was kind of flabbergasted at how excellent it was.

1 hour ago, rcafilm said:

I listened to the LP a couple weeks back and for side A I was like "yeah this is about what I remember" and then I flipped to side B and was kind of flabbergasted at how excellent it was.

So true. Which is so rare nowadays. Normally bands come out of the gates with their best stuff and then filler toward the end with MAYBE a decent closer. 

Forgot about the stream last night, decided to watch it today. As I predicted many pages ago, not an encrypted stream, was live, and then just transcoded and stored on Vimeo. Managed to get a download with a Python library https://github.com/MCDELTAT/vimeo-download

EDIT:
UGGH. Doesn't seem like they invested that much in the livestreaming side of things. At the beginning you see they were running the stream on an iMac with OBS. At the beginning of Track 3 "There Could Be Nothing After This" you can literally see the the CPU is being pegged and isn't able to keep up with real-time transcoding. The latency is pretty bad at that segment and a few others. Would have been much better on a PC using a GPU and NVENC since they have so many frames that are fast moving, with lots of contract, basically the definition of what breaks most CPU encoders. Still looks pretty good though.

EDIT2:
Yeah Track 7 "Casting Such a Thin Shadow" is perhaps even better example of this. There has to be 2-3 seconds of audio delay there. Watch at like 40:44 with Aaron's drum parts.

Edited by MCDELTAT

58 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Forgot about the stream last night, decided to watch it today. As I predicted many pages ago, not an encrypted stream, was live, and then just transcoded and stored on Vimeo. Managed to get a download with a Python library https://github.com/MCDELTAT/vimeo-download

EDIT:
UGGH. Doesn't seem like they invested that much in the livestreaming side of things. At the beginning you see they were running the stream on an iMac with OBS. At the beginning of Track 3 "There Could Be Nothing After This" you can literally see the the CPU is being pegged and isn't able to keep up with real-time transcoding. The latency is pretty bad at that segment and a few others. Would have been much better on a PC using a GPU and NVENC since they have so many frames that are fast moving, with lots of contract, basically the definition of what breaks most CPU encoders. Still looks pretty good though.

EDIT2:
Yeah Track 7 "Casting Such a Thin Shadow" is perhaps even better example of this. There has to be 2-3 seconds of audio delay there. Watch at like 40:44 with Aaron's drum parts.

Would you mind sharing the download?

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed that this is made to order. Got an email saying that they are taking down all merch and vinyl down at 11:59PM EST on Wednesday. Wonder if they'll inflate the order a bit to get a whole number. Either way hopefully this will stave flipping on this one. Course nothing stopped that from destroying the Last of Us boxset that was also made to order.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, MCDELTAT said:

EDIT:

EDIT2:

would love a share if possible too :) 

21 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Confirmed that this is made to order. Got an email saying that they are taking down all merch and vinyl down at 11:59PM EST on Wednesday. Wonder if they'll inflate the order a bit to get a whole number. Either way hopefully this will stave flipping on this one. Course nothing stopped that from destroying the Last of Us boxset that was also made to order.

Curious what the roll out time/release date is going to be. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

Also, just checked the Observatory site and now it's showing the Disambiguation/Erase Me covers on the landing page.

https://underoathobservatory.com/

I wonder how they'll make that make sense. Their latest album is still readily available. Do we need a vinyl repress? Disambiguation does, but then do just stick in on the side and not theme the vinyl similarly?