Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

On 11/6/2020 at 2:10 PM, dapeebs said:

The boxsets are moving really slow in comparison to the individual variants. Hoping that encourages Revolver to separate it without the shirt to get the price down. 

its because they made all three albums the same boring color, i guarantee if they had made the box set versions the colored splatter they would've been the first ones to sell. i went with the individuals cause i liked the colors better.

2 hours ago, rrd said:

its because they made all three albums the same boring color, i guarantee if they had made the box set versions the colored splatter they would've been the first ones to sell. i went with the individuals cause i liked the colors better.

I honestly only dug the splatter for TOCS. Probably has a shot of coming out halfway decent. Also matches the artwork better than any variant they have ever done for it. 

Also, I have a ton of black/red splatters on white wax, and they tend to come out very lackluster. Sure they are "colored" splatters, but so what? In my experience splatter on clear almost always looks better than splatter on white. 

Uhhh so I bit and picked up the mastered MP3s for $6... they're showing up for me as 128 kbps?? Can anyone else confirm that this is the sad reality, or did I download the wrong thing?

Edit: I emailed them about it and they replaced the download with 320, so that's nice. Sounds worlds better obviously.

Edited by rcafilm

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

So whne are getting an email about this. Wasn't it originally quoted as December? Clearly with how mail is held up, we're not getting these till Late Jan, Mid Feb.

This is what they said in the email back on 10/6.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE OBSERVATORY.

WE'RE SORRY THERE HASN'T BEEN AN UPDATE ON THE VINYL SHIP DATE. THE PRESSING PLANT WE HIRED HAD PROMISED QUICK TURN AROUND TIMES BUT AS IS OFTEN THE CASE WITH PRESSING VINYL THEY ARE TAKING MUCH LONGER THAN EXPECTED. 

THE PLANT FINALLY GAVE US AN OFFICIAL DATE THE VINYL WILL BE READY AND THAT DATE IS LATE DECEMBER WHICH LEADS US TO BELIEVE IT MAY NOT ARRIVE IN THE FULFILLMENT WAREHOUSE UNTIL THE FIRST WEEK OF JANUARY. 

WE KNOW THIS IS NOT THE NEWS YOU'VE BEEN WAITING TO HEAR BUT WE DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU IN THE DARK EITHER. WE'RE WORKING TO TRY AND FIND WAYS TO SPEED THE PROCESS AND NOT IMPACT QUALITY AND WILL KEEP YOU POSTED IF THINGS BEING MOVING QUICKER. IF YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS DUE TO THE DELAY, PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]. 

STAY SAFE AND WE'LL SEE YOU SOON.

facebook_96.png
instagram_96.png
twitter_96.png
youtube_96.png

Just now, zacooper said:

There isn't anywhere to still pick up TOCS is there? I know Revolver is sold out. I got my copy, but my sister hit me up yesterday to get a copy for her husband for Christmas. Told her she needed to ask like 2 months ago.

lol nope. I originally picked up a second copy to sell at price / trade for whatever people didn't get one somehow, but refunded it because some amazing stuff got repressed this year.

9 hours ago, zacooper said:

There isn't anywhere to still pick up TOCS is there? I know Revolver is sold out. I got my copy, but my sister hit me up yesterday to get a copy for her husband for Christmas. Told her she needed to ask like 2 months ago.

The Canadian partner that teamed up with Underoath still has these up for pre-order:

https://lenoise.ca/collections/le-noise-x-underoath-the-observatory

Shipping to US is $15 I believe but prices are in CAN $.

9 minutes ago, TheComebackKid said:

The Canadian partner that teamed up with Underoath still has these up for pre-order:

Was it a different pressing than what we’ve seen? Because the page is down now. 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, TheComebackKid said:

Thanks for this site. I just dropped like $200 on it hah

On 12/21/2020 at 11:16 AM, drawcody said:

Was it a different pressing than what we’ve seen? Because the page is down now. 

It's the same clear black smoke variant that UO had on the Observatory.

The site took pre-orders and UO will send them in bulk. I think they probably ordered extra ones that's why they are still up on the site.

Edited by TheComebackKid

• 4 weeks later...

Got email from Revolver mag:

Today we received word that the pressing plant has experienced delays with the UNDERØATH LPs. We will keep you posted once we have more information as to when we can expect to start delivering these orders. 

Also they gave me 10% discount coupon. 

Per their Facebook:

"I keep getting info from the plant that they are about to do something so we're waiting to have real info. First it was they are shipping early Jan. Early jan it became actually we're starting pressing early Jan. Then they said sorry but dont worry we're starting pressing next week. Next week still nothing. I keep waiting to have an update I can stand behind. I dont want to lie to anyone. The latest update was they are starting pressing Monday. Monday they tell us the pressing machine is down but we are the next project when its fixed and wont say if its a one day fix or a week or whatever, literally no info. Basically, they keep dangling so little info its going to piss everyone off. I hope to have photos and videos of them proving they started this week and then sending it to everyone. This situation 100% sucks and I wish I had real upates for all of you."

"It's brutal and embarrassing. We tried a new company based in Austin to support a local business and it has been delay after delay although they swear they are starting pressing this week."

6 minutes ago, rcafilm said:

"We tried a new company based in Austin to support a local business and it has been delay after delay although they swear they are starting pressing this week."

Just hope that the final product will not be a complete trash.
New company that all the time postpones pressing date... sounds not good to me.

41 minutes ago, IndigoHollow said:

Just hope that the final product will not be a complete trash.
New company that all the time postpones pressing date... sounds not good to me.

It’s Gold Rush Vinyl in Austin. Looking at their website now.

They talk a big game even stating on their homepage: “When you can order almost anything on-demand, you can’t wait months to get vinyl made-especially when you have tours and loyal fans to think about. That’s why we created Gold Rush Vinyl, named one of the Most Innovative Companies of 2020 for ‘revolutionizing vinyl production.’”

My guess is, since they were somewhat new to the vinyl pressing space, they weren't able to prepare/adapt as other bigger plants have to COVID and therefore their turnaround times have ballooned to 14-18 weeks according to their site. 

Edited by ethanpricington

At this point, they ought to just start from scratch and produce a quality product because I have a feeling they are going to be going through a lot of refunds for poor quality.  Such a shame that they couldn't get their shit together for such what could have been a very cool release.

33 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Can anyone comment on which versions of this release are affected? All of them? The original box set? The revolver stuff? etc. 

I guess I have just lost track of what was happening where.

Well there's only really two variants. The smokey black, available separately or in the boxset, and the revolver colors. So I'd see no reason they didn't go 100% in on this new plant, which apparently is Gold Rush Vinyl in Austin.

I figured this delay was going to happen though. I'll remain optimistic because it sounds like they are at least doing QC on records, but if it's on that cheap Audio-Technica, then that might mean nothing ha.