Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

In the meantime, while we discuss vinyl misadventures, a new song premiere is coming soon. Official website is not in Erase me colors anymore, redirects to another domain and promotes the video "Voyeurist". If you will sign up for updates you'll see a text "You are the voyeurist. " lol.

https://www.voyeurist.co/

Also coordinates are provided: 27.974968 -82.454656. 
If you google them you'll get Robles park in Florida. Underoath band members are from FL as far as I know.

Live performance?

I can imagine it: they'll build a stage and at the time when the crowd will come, Aaron will show naked ass and scream: "HAHA you all are the VOYEURISTS now!"

Edited by IndigoHollow

15 hours ago, IndigoHollow said:

Also coordinates are provided: 27.974968 -82.454656. 
If you google them you'll get Robles park in Florida. Underoath band members are from FL as far as I know.

Robles Park is a couple blocks from the coffee shop Tim run's with the drummer from Anberlin. Looks like they're live-streaming themselves in the studio.

Email update:

"2020 was a difficult year for everyone and we are so incredible sorry that the delay in the vinyl has only added to that. Gold Rush, the pressing plant, had everything you could ever imagine happen that pushed the press date on our vinyl back. COVID infections, machines breaking, bacteria in the water and raccoons in the factory are only just a few of the things that happened in 2020 to delay.

However, it looks like we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The pressing plant started pressing last night and has one machine specifically dedicated to pressing our vinyl. Because they are US-based and so is our fulfillment team, we do not need to wait for all vinyl to be pressed to start shipping and instead will be sent on a weekly basis. This way orders can be shipped out quickly. 

The pressing plant is starting with Lost in the Sound of Separation so if the only vinyl in your order is that, you’ll receive it first. They’ll then press Define The Great Line then They’re Only Chasing Safety and finally, the box sets of all 3. If you ordered more than one record the order will be held until all items in the order are pressed.

It will take a few days to know when the first batch is shipping but as we get more info, we will make sure to send more updates. 

We are so sorry to bring one of the many 2020 headaches into 2021 but are doing everything we can to get this corrected."

They also included an image from the plant. The records are definitely standard clear with black smoke. In the photo it's a copy of LITSOS and they are holding the jacket and, interestingly, what appears to be an insert or sleeve with the artwork from the deluxe CD.

Edited by rcafilm

1 hour ago, rcafilm said:

They also included an image from the plant. The records are definitely standard clear with black smoke. In the photo it's a copy of LITSOS and they are holding the jacket and, interestingly, what appears to be an insert or sleeve with the artwork from the deluxe CD.

Looks like a printed inner sleeve to me. But I would much rather it be a printed insert. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another update from Revolver if you ordered from there.

Thank you again for your UNDERØATH purchase

We would like to give you a bit of an update regarding the delays of the UNDERØATH LPs. At this point, we expect to receive the LPs within the next 6 weeks. If this estimate stands, we will begin shipping orders the first week of April. We will continue to keep you posted when we receive more information on your orders. 

We hope everyone is staying healthy and well! If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to

[email protected]

Update directly from Underoath, too. Much more specific:

"We know that you're patiently waiting your vinyl and more updates from us so we wanted to share an update from Gold Rush (the pressing plant) that we received today.

The first batch of vinyl (which includes some but not all of the box set orders) was packed and ready to go to the fulfillment center, based in Austin as is Gold Rush, last Thursday but was unable to go out before the storm hit. Once it's safe to do so and power is restored, it will be sent out

--

From Gold Rush:

As you have seen in the news, Austin and Texas have been devastated this week by the unprecedented snow storm, bringing record low temperatures, dangerous ice, and massive and extreme power outages. Our staff and the factory are safe, but 100% of our staff has been without power since Monday morning, freezing. Austin expects it will be Friday at the earliest, before power is restored. The factory seems to be in good shape thanks to the many preparations we made, however Austin Energy is forcing shut downs, you can read more about it here.

The team had been running around the clock to get records out the door before this happened, we are committed to putting in the extra hours when we can get back into the factory, to put your project back on track. The wonderful vinyl community has offered support, but they are already at full capacity and can not take on any of our projects. 

We appreciate your support and understanding, and can't wait to be working with you again shortly."

TL;DR - If you ordered directly from UO, you might actually get something this month??

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, hookups96 said:

The boxset I ordered from the band on July 7th just showed up today with no notice that it even shipped. Haven’t gotten the chance to open it yet. 

Wondering if I’m in the same boat. Still no shipping notice. Please update once you open it man!

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Side A too.  But 2004 was a different time and Christian screamo was just way easier to stomach.

😆You aint lying man. Honestly I was always in this for DTGL & LINTSOS, but figured it made sense to throw chasing in there for good measure. But man, even streaming that album you can hear how compressed it was. Aaron's cymbals and mainly crashes just sound like they're constantly being choked. Can imagine that sounds quite horrible on vinyl.

11 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

😆You aint lying man. Honestly I was always in this for DTGL & LINTSOS, but figured it made sense to throw chasing in there for good measure. But man, even streaming that album you can hear how compressed it was. Aaron's cymbals and mainly crashes just sound like they're constantly being choked. Can imagine that sounds quite horrible on vinyl.

Yeah, for as much shit as I talk about TOCS, it's coming from a place of familiarity.  A lot of it.  I think it was probably one of my first screamo / abrasive listens, if you don't count moments of Thrice's earlier stuff.  I played the shit out of it in my youth, and I'm with you – it'd be a fun nostalgia listen at best, but DTGL & LITSOS just aged so much better.  I haven't even listened to TOCS, digitally, in ages... but I'm sure I'll be hyper-focused on those compressed cymbals the next time I may.

Who would have guessed that after all this wait and them using a sketch plant that we would have a crappy product? I really hope I’m wrong but they may be looking at some major refund issues or them having to completely redo the entire process with another solid company on their own dime. They should have gone this route in the first place but I guarantee it was their cheapest option.

53 minutes ago, justin_cole12 said:

Who would have guessed that after all this wait and them using a sketch plant that we would have a crappy product? ...They should have gone this route in the first place but I guarantee it was their cheapest option.

Either that or they claimed they could get it done quick since they didn't have a long queue like other plants. And we already know how that went. I did see some people talking about it on Reddit. Wonder what they have to say about it.

I don't understand what is so bad about the Gold Rush graphic - is it because they call out long wait times and they themselves have had long wait times (like everyone else)? This is boilerplate marketing verbiage. Looking at Discogs I own at least one record they've pressed (JPEGMAFIA's Veteran) and it sounds good to me.

1 minute ago, AlexH. said:

I don't understand what is so bad about the Gold Rush graphic - is it because they call out long wait times and they themselves have had long wait times (like everyone else)? This is boilerplate marketing verbiage. Looking at Discogs I own at least one record they've pressed (JPEGMAFIA's Veteran) and it sounds good to me.

Just pulling from their mission statement that I took the screenshot of:

"you can't wait months to get vinyl made"
Of course, yeah, Covid.  But Underoath have been transparent about the delays from Gold Rush, going as far as to call the whole process "an embarrassment".  I think there were a lot of setbacks that had nothing to do with Covid, and would've occurred regardless of a pandemic.  I can't say that with any kind of certainty, but.  Call it a hunch.

"Each of our records is pressed and hand-inspected at our factory in Austin"

Excellent news for anyone who just wants to look at – and maybe feel – vinyl with their hands.  This statement implies there's a level of quality control... and hell, maybe that's why this 3 month turnaround ended up taking 8.  I'm not saying they didn't catch some bad runs.  But I guess listening to the product, to ensure it's up to snuff, is too subjective to actually carry out these days.  Probably not a critique exclusive to Gold Rush as it seems applicable to a lot of plants right now, but I just found all their mission statements a little ambitious.  This Underoath box is a massive undertaking and I get that.  But if the press is as bad as these early impressions imply, I feel like they're really putting their foot in their mouth with the claims on their splash page.