Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

20 hours ago, parkinglot said:

is this what passes for bullying these days?

I don't even necessarily read it as a criticism, I truly don't think I would like half the music I listened to when I was 14 if I hadn't first heard it when I was... 14!

It is legitimately funny picturing a 35-year-old dude with a house and kids deciding to check out Underoath, queuing up They're Only Chasing Safety, listening to "A Boy Brushed Red Living in Black and White" for the first time ever, and being like "damn... this is sick." Come on!

1 hour ago, AlexH. said:

I don't even necessarily read it as a criticism, I truly don't think I would like half the music I listened to when I was 14 if I hadn't first heard it when I was... 14!

It is legitimately funny picturing a 35-year-old dude with a house and kids deciding to check out Underoath, queuing up They're Only Chasing Safety, listening to "A Boy Brushed Red Living in Black and White" for the first time ever, and being like "damn... this is sick." Come on!

.... my 1 year old daughter likes everything I spin on vinyl, including Underoath. She'd be moshing with the best of us.

8 hours ago, AlexH. said:

This is exactly what I was getting at haha

On 5/4/2021 at 8:54 AM, AlexH. said:

What's this house and kids jargon?  What about a 39 year old all kinds of music groupie who spends all his time and money on CDs, records, cassettes, road trips, plane and concert tickets.  Classified or still unacceptable?  I'm perplexed by your judgement of anybody attempting to get into any kind of music at any time.  One part I do agree with, somewhat, it's a little silly when older cats use young kids' slang terms.  In my day, at least in my neighborhood, when something was sick, that meant bad.  So I've never used that one.  That would be pathetic.

On 5/16/2021 at 1:07 AM, verb1999 said:

What's this house and kids jargon?  What about a 39 year old all kinds of music groupie who spends all his time and money on CDs, records, cassettes, road trips, plane and concert tickets.  Classified or still unacceptable?  I'm perplexed by your judgement of anybody attempting to get into any kind of music at any time.  One part I do agree with, somewhat, it's a little silly when older cats use young kids' slang terms.  In my day, at least in my neighborhood, when something was sick, that meant bad.  So I've never used that one.  That would be pathetic.

It's weird. Get over it and just be happy being weird. That comment about slang was pretty weird just own it.