Underoath - Three Represses (Chasing Safety, Define the Great Line, Lost in the Sound)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ugh, fuck this. The previous press is barely more expensive than that price point on the secondhand market. I have plenty of nostalgia for their old albums but this just screams milking it for every cent they're worth. They would sell out of normal cheaper presses just the same. I guess they're going to press the whole back catalogue like this which really sucks the life out of me.

1 minute ago, deer said:

Ugh, fuck this. The previous press is barely more expensive than that price point on the secondhand market. I have plenty of nostalgia for their old albums but this just screams milking it for every cent they're worth. They would sell out of normal cheaper presses just the same. I guess they're going to press the whole back catalogue like this which really sucks the life out of me.

You're better off waiting for a deal on the box set. I bought one for $120 a few months back on Discogs, and I know some people have gotten it for cheaper.

2 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

this is even funnier than when they gave edgy interviews about not being religious anymore, as if anyone had mistaken them for bible thumpers in at least 15 years

The religion bit was stifling their creativity. Now they are free to say 'fuck' in their lyrics every two lines.

• 1 year later...

https://underoath777.com/

New variant for VIP for the 20th anniversary tour:

They’re Only Chasing Safety 20th VIP Experience
Starting at $140
Taxes and fees may apply
• One GA ticket
• Conversation with Underoath where they will answer fan questions, tell stories, and discuss the impact of They're Only Chasing Safety on their career
• Informal hang with the band and individual photo with the full band
• VIP Exclusive 20th Anniversary edition of They're Only Chasing Safety on vinyl (shipped to your home beginning this summer)
• VIP Exclusive 24-page, full color, standard-sized They’re Only Chasing Safety Comic Book by Sumerian Comics (shipped to your home beginning this summer)
• Merchandise shopping prior to doors opening to the public
• Early entry to the venue